Terry Pratchett

Favorite novels, plays, comics, etc.
Loki

Terry Pratchett

Post by Loki »

Hey ho! :) Anyone here reads Terry Pratchett's Discworld novels? Most people I know don't know anything about it so please, tell me that you know Disc ;p I want to talk, talk, talk!
The Cold Never Bothered Me Anyway

Trickster of Ragnarok Network
Emma
Time Traveler

Re: Terry Pratchett

Post by Emma »

Oh I love Discworld! Terry is one of my favourite authors. :)

My favourites are definitely the Vimes books. Night Watch is probably my favourite of those. Ugh, that book made me sob. After Vimes, my favourite character has be to Vetinari. And I'm very found of the Witches.

It's funny, when I started reading, Rincewind was my favourite character, but now his books are probably my least favourite ones.

I wanted to start collecting the new covers they brought out, but I found out they're only for like the first 15 or so in the series (because that's all the publisher had the rights to, I think). I'd love to collect the series in hardback, because some of my paperbacks are so old and well read, they're falling apart.
a spoony bard
Loki

Post by Loki »

Cheers! I love Witches series most (oh, "Lords & Ladies", I am mad Pratchett elves fan). My favorite characters will be nanny Ogg and Greebo haha. Greebo is such a smug, I love when he changes into this handsome man ;p I even wrote a story about Greebo, I must translate it into English.
I love Vetinari. He is perfect and has so much class that it's unhealthy. I love Moist and Nobby too :) Nobby & Colon must be the funniest duet in the lit history.

Yeah, Rincewind is my least favorite too. But he never was my favorite, I always cheered for Vimes until I've got to know the Witches.

I have all my Pratchett books (about 24, methinks) in paperback but they are hardly destroyed, only a little bit. I guess I was reading Going Postal 5 times but it still looks good.

Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

Lords and Ladies is SUCH a good book omg <3 Nanny Ogg is a treasure. Granny Weatherwax is such a badass.

When I was drunk once, I started singing "A Wizard's Staff Has a Knob on the End" to a tune I just made up myself. I should reintroduce that to my party repertoire - I love it when people know I'm singing. :D

See, some of my books are so old, and they're not in good condition anymore. A lot of the older books belonged to my older brothers - they're like 20 years old and haven't been handled with too much care, haha. Also not all of my covers match, so I'll definitely need to recollect them all in matching covers.
a spoony bard
Loki

Post by Loki »

Lords and Ladies is my FAVORITE book. At least Pratchett's.
I named my newest cat Greebo. That's bad of me ;p
Most of my books are like new. I think I give too much of my attention to keep them in good shape. And only I read them, so it's rather easy. But to be honest, my Pratchett fell in hands of my mom recently and they start to look bad, my mom doesn't care about book condition ;p