Lemme dust myself off here...

New, or have been away from the board for a while? Introduce or reintroduce yourself to us!
Forum rules
New and a bit lost? Check out the Getting Started topic and the Mentor Program!
Aku

Lemme dust myself off here...

Post by Aku »

HI GUYS! Bumping my thread because I didn't want to make another re-introduction post... believe me I'm already ashamed that I apparently have two in this forum. :swt:

In any case, I want to make an effort to hang around here at Amassment more, once again! Did a little catching up at the Monthly Rewinds and I see chatter on Twitter regularly, so I kinda know what's been up but it's definitely been awhile since I've been active. I recently revamped my domain again (just like the last time I posted on this forum, derp) and I've got some shrines/projects in my upcomings so I hope that I can contribute to the community/get some inspiration while building some NEW!! shrines in the future. ;w; I used an old iTunes gift card on Ulysses so that I have a pretty writing tool to construct all my stuff in... so I gotta put it to use, right? LOL.

In any case, I see a lot of new faces here which is so awesome (and also all you usuals) so I'll do my best to not come back and then disappear again this time haha... :sob: Nice to meet you & re-meet you all!

(Original post from 2014, disregard 8D)

Hey all! Long time no see. Do any of you remember me anymore? I'm this fool! :sob:

Been awhile since I've been active on Amassment, so I'm glad to see this sub-board exists now lol. Life kinda took an unexpected turn last year, so I've got a lot of free time on my hands! :swt: Since I'm working as a freelancer right now and spending lotsa time at home, I kinda missed being part of something bigger than myself/working on hobbies that motivate me. I figured a good way to get myself to remember how much I love design/coding/writing was to re-enter this hobby of mine... so I've revamped my domain this week with the hopes of working on some projects. Not sure what those will be yet, but it's easy to get inspired when spending time here. :yay:

TL;DR -- I've spent far too much time playing video games & not nearly enough time designing.

I hope you can all catch me up on your new projects/what's been up at Amassment while I've been gone, and if you're new and we haven't met, please introduce yourself to me! I've missed you all, looking forward to jumping in on some stuff here when I can, even if it's just discussions. :3
Last edited by Aku on Wed May 04, 2016 9:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Re: Lemme dust myself off here...

Post by dubiousdisc »

who are you anyway

dfghjklkjhgh HI, WELCOME BACK, GLAD TO SEE YOU AROUND AGAIN
and GLAD TO SEE A NEW LAYOUT
aaaaa I love the little read more snippets

Well, I don't know if you already saw this, but I'd recommend checking the Monthly Rewinds for a backlog of notable things that have happened while you weren't around. :D

AND FOR ONE I WANT TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR PLANS!
Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

Welcome back, Aku! Course we remember you. :D

Your domain's new layout is gorgeous! Can't wait to see what else you have in store. x)

And to echo what dubs said, the Monthly Rewinds are a great way to quickly get caught up on what's been going on here.
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.
Todd

Post by Todd »

Welcome back, Aku! I wondered what happened to you! Your new domain layout looks great. :)
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Aku! Welcome back! I love the new layout at your domain. :D
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Aku

Post by Aku »

Hey all!

Hooray for the warm welcome back & the lovely compliments, my Amassment family! I'm touched~ :sob:

Thanks Dubi & Sarah, I'll definitely be checking out the Monthly Rewinds, then! XD Awesome idea. I generally have a hard time catching up on forum stuff, so I normally hit "Mark All As Read" and just go with what's being updated haha. This will definitely help!

Todd & Sarah, thank you! Feels good to be back. Life happened, I think, but I'm regaining control of it now. As for now I don't have any immediate plans for projects (been toying with the idea of an online TCG again, but I dunno if I have the work ethic for it anymore haha :ack: ) and I've been of course checking out the spawns of Creature Feature and thinking what I might be able to do in that area. :) Happy to see Shrine Spotlight is making a comeback too! Always been one of my favorite things about Amassment.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Welcome back, Aku! Always been a fan of your stuff so it's so nice to see you around again! :)
Larissa
Time Traveler

Post by Larissa »

Welcome back! C: Always liked seeing your domain around so I'm glad to see you doing stuff again.
tonight fate is the
Aku

Post by Aku »

Thanks Destinie! Glad to be back! And same to you Larissa, glad to see you alive and kickin' as well with your new Squall shrine. :D
Larissa
Time Traveler

Post by Larissa »

Haha, thanks! :heh:
tonight fate is the