Sashay! Shantay!

New, or have been away from the board for a while? Introduce or reintroduce yourself to us!
Forum rules
New and a bit lost? Check out the Getting Started topic and the Mentor Program!
karenjeane

Sashay! Shantay!

Post by karenjeane »

Hi all... My name is Karen, and I've been a member of Amassment since Oct. 2009, so almost exactly 3 years. I was on a very brief vacation during the transition to the forum and am just now catching up, so excuse my general slacker-ness. >.>

My collective is the Brightest Day Network - there are three character shrines and three fanlistings, one of which is also a shrine to my favourite singer. It often seems like I have a lot of work to do on my websites and updates to make, but this community always inspires me to get to it.

Among my interests are science fiction & fantasy, electronic music, history, art and design. My "old" fandoms include Star Trek, Highlander and Final Fantasy. I'm not really sure what my new fandoms are, beyond RuPaul and BioWare games.

I work at a beauty supplies company as a Graphic Designer in Calgary, Alberta. (Free shampoo!) I moved here from Nova Scotia last November and it's been nice so far. I live with my cartographer boyfriend William and Katya the cat in a cozy urban neighbourhood.

Anyway, I'm very much looking forward to reconnecting with everyone and getting involved in the discussions and activities.
anon

Re: Sashay! Shantay!

Post by anon »

I was waiting for you to post here! :D Hahaha. Welcome, welcome!
Aku

Post by Aku »

Karen! So happy to see you've finally made it over here. :yay: The forums have been a lot of fun, I hope you enjoy it! Welcome welcome~ <3
Ava

Post by Ava »

Welcome Karen! It's good to see that you're well. Your Charlotte may not be linked publicly anymore, but I really enjoyed it and I'm glad you kept it online in the background.
Dreams are meaningful when you work toward them in the real world.
If you merely live within the dreams of other people, it's no different from being dead.
Todd

Post by Todd »

Yay Karen! Glad you're active again!
karenjeane

Post by karenjeane »

Thanks, everyone! I'm flattered that you've been waiting.

Ava: Charlotte will come back to the main page, sometime... I have an affection for that lil' page too.

Todd: Honestly, I've been like, " I'll post in Amassment this week" and then uh, three months go by... I dunno where the time goes. But, like I said, catching up.

Glad I got here in time to sign up for the Paperback Marathon! Gonna do it. (:
Saya

Post by Saya »

Kareeeen yeaaaah! WB! *sasshays with you*
-* Nothing is true ... everything is permitted.
Juhi

Post by Juhi »

Karen!! Glad to see you here! Welcome to the forums. :)
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

Good to see you around again, Karen. :)

And ahh, Calgary. I had such a good time there, but I do not miss it's crazy, crazy weather.
a spoony bard
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Re-hello, and yay for more paperback marathon! :D Good luck with whatever you're making!