Hi There!

New, or have been away from the board for a while? Introduce or reintroduce yourself to us!
Forum rules
New and a bit lost? Check out the Getting Started topic and the Mentor Program!
Destinie

Re: Hi There!

Post by Destinie »

ritabuuk wrote:Psst, you are doing it right. =P
Yessss WINNING! >D
Ava

Post by Ava »

Welcome Denise! Great work with your fansites so far. I can tell you put a lot of time and energy into them.
Dreams are meaningful when you work toward them in the real world.
If you merely live within the dreams of other people, it's no different from being dead.
ritabuuk

Post by ritabuuk »

Joe wrote:Oh, hey, welcome to the boards! Hope you'll enjoy yourself here. :D I like your Let's Play website. I was expecting YouTube videos but here you have these awesome logs with appropriate captions! :D
Thanks! I am personally not a fan of the YouTube kind of Let's Play, where someone is talking over the game as they are playing it. I have trouble keeping track of both what is going on in the game, and what the person is saying, and often what the person is saying is not very interesting or funny, since they are just making it up on the fly.

The first Let's Play I actually encountered was this one for Limbo of the Lost, which uses the screenshot format. I like that it gives me plenty of time to both scrutinize the screenshot and to read the text explanation/comment (both of which is especially important with Limbo of the Lost, lol).

The game 3 in Three works a lot like a Powerpoint presentation, so it is especially well-suited to the screenshot format. A still frame or simple animation is all that is required to get the point across 99% of the time. I won't promise that my comments will be all interesting or funny, but I have a bit of a better chance when I can at least think of them or edit them later, heh.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

Welcome to the forum, is always great to have new people join. :) Copy Cat is awesome!