Fresh meat

New, or have been away from the board for a while? Introduce or reintroduce yourself to us!
Forum rules
New and a bit lost? Check out the Getting Started topic and the Mentor Program!
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Fresh meat

Post by nyxmidnight »

Hello everyone! My name is Nyx Midnight, Nyx for short. I've been making websites for *mumblemumble* years and I tonight I bring you my collective Paper Scraps Network for your enjoyment. It's mostly fanlistings, but I do maintain a couple of shrines and two major fansites as well. I also have another shrine in the work that hopefully will see the light of day!

I maintain all these sites because I love coding. To me, it's a very zen thing to do. Way more zen than graphics, in any case :heh:

I look forward to hanging out here!
Join in the Tale, in the Blight, of Conquest and Lies
Come the Sun, to Tarnish in the Sky
Vow that we shall Tear the Light - Dark seizes the Throne
Lost in thoughts, all alone
anon

Re: Fresh meat

Post by anon »

Hey, Nyx, welcome to the forum! :D Glad you could join us. We're all from different levels and backgrounds, and a lot of us are old-timers when it comes to making fan sites. You certainly have a lot of awesome fan sites under your wing! :D I know this is strange because we're a fan site community in general but I had a blast going through your art site. :D
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

You have an amazing collection of sites! DMC, SMTP <3 welcome to the forums!
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Post by nyxmidnight »

Joe wrote:Hey, Nyx, welcome to the forum! :D Glad you could join us. We're all from different levels and backgrounds, and a lot of us are old-timers when it comes to making fan sites. You certainly have a lot of awesome fan sites under your wing! :D I know this is strange because we're a fan site community in general but I had a blast going through your art site. :D
I don't find it strange at all; rather, I'm happy you had so much fun! I should really get back to drawing more. And thank you for the compliment on my sites!

Thank you as well, Mikari! Are you a Megaten fan as well?
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

Yes :) I'm not super knowledgeable since I got into it with 3 though I might get 2 from the psn later. I love theo ^^
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Post by nyxmidnight »

Don't worry about knowledge, I'm happy someone else here knows Megaten! It's gotten more popular with Persona 4, but it's still a fairly obscure series.

SMT4 is coming! :D
Yuzuki

Post by Yuzuki »

Welcome Nix!

Your Devil May Cry fansite is really nice, and your doujinshi review page seems like a cool idea! Now I want do one too! :D
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Hello! Haha, I hear you on the zen-ness of coding. People tend to go what when I tell them that I actually enjoy the coding part of making sites.

/idly clicks around

WAIT YOU ALSO LIKE METAL GEAR SOLID?
/TACKLES
Todd

Post by Todd »

Welcome to Amassment!

I love your mix of sites! You don't see many general sites these days.

There are a lot of fanlistings people here so you should feel right at home. :) Feel free to poke me if you need anything!
Elysa

Post by Elysa »

Hello Nyx, welcome to Amassment! I enjoy coding too, despite how frustrating it might be at times, it's always nice to see when ideas in your head can be implemented into a website :D