So I ended up here ヽ(*≧ω≦)ノ

New, or have been away from the board for a while? Introduce or reintroduce yourself to us!
Forum rules
New and a bit lost? Check out the Getting Started topic and the Mentor Program!
anon

Re: So I ended up here ヽ(*≧ω≦)ノ

Post by anon »

Hey, hey, Yuzuki! Welcome to Amassment! I visited your FY shrine and I love how it looks! It's so organized. :) It's pretty difficult to find general series sites anyhow, and I'm glad you're one of those people who still do. I'm also super amazed at how you kept that website for so long. :) Yay for 10th anniversaries! Congratulations on hitting such a milestone.

I also haven't been into anime/manga as much as I have when I was a kid. Umm... Asian dramas, let's see... IDK if I'm good at recommending those because I find that a lot of Asian dramas have over-the-top acting and it pisses me off so much. Have you tried the Kamen Rider series?? Sure, they're for kids but the action scenes are really great. Kamen Rider Kabuto is my favorite for the suit designs and action scenes (THE RIDER KICK PARTS ARE SO BEAUTIFUL) but the plot is kind of jumbled up since some of the leading actors had other priorities/got sick. I would also recommend Kamen Rider Kiva, Kamen Rider W, and Kamen Rider OOO. :D I'll see if there are any other J-dramas I remember I liked, and if you want, I'll tell you!
Yuzuki

Post by Yuzuki »

Again I'm lost in a sea of tabs!

@dubiousdisc
Aww back at you ^_^

@Cherri
Thanks for your comment about my site! I'm glad you like it. Re-read my previous sentence and you are right, it is a bit confusing! I meant more anime / manga recommendations since I don't know what good series have been out recently. Your sites are very nice, specially your Niflheim, its cool that it started as a school project, I hope you got an A! I notice you made sitemaps, which reminds me I have to do mine!

@Kibumie
Thanks for your comments, I'm trying to make it as informative as I can. GK Love indeed (I actually have another FY domain genbukaiden.net, I had summaries and stuff for it, but my house got broken into recently and lost my computer and backup HD, so basically I need to start from scratch again). Your site is beauuuutiful, love the colors. I feel like I have visited it before, but I'm not quite sure. Did you have a Fushigi Yuugi related site before? Your domain name sounds very cute.

@Joe
Arigatou for your kind words ^_^. I opened it back in 99, but if I'm honest its been offline for at least half of that time! Yes I seen the Kamen series, my sister made me, but I'm glad she did! Your art is amazing! Specially like your pixels (I'm pixel art impaired, but I love them), everything about them is cute! Froggies, pumpkins, yummy-looking cakes. Now I want to eat cake, what have you done?!!
anon

Post by anon »

Awww, thank you, Yuzuki! :D I get hungry after making these pixels too. XD I guess I don't have to work on getting you into the KR series if you've already seen them, then! XD I just remembered that I have watched Seigi no Mikata, Detective Academy Q, and Zenkai Girl, but you might have seen those already. XD It's so hard trying to find a series I personally like because a lot of drama series have new actors and it's just like WOW IT'S OBVIOUS YOU'RE NEW AROUND HERE.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

Yuzuki wrote:Thanks Mikari, you are too kind ^_^

Visited your site, your sprites are so cute. I always wanted to learn how to sprite, but I squint my eyes too much!
Thank you ^^ zooming into the image really helps. I wouldn't be able to sprite if not at 8x. ^^;;
Yuzuki

Post by Yuzuki »

@Joe
I loved Seigi no Mikata, but I haven't seen the other two, so I'll make sure to check them out!
Have you seen My Girlfriend is a Gumiho or Kimi wa Petto? They are really good!

@Mikari
When I tried to sprites with zooming, it just confused me. I'm not good visualizing how they would come out, not sure if I'm making any sense. Do you know any good sprite art tutorials you can recommend?
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

About sprites - I'd recommend you to use either Photoshop or GIMP; both have a navigation feature that allows you to also see the picture you're zooming on at whichever size you want (it's called "new view" in GIMP).
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

Like DD said, I also preview the image in its actual size as I pixel. I recommend looking at sprites and trying to draw similar effects for practice. It takes time and practice, but I'm sure you'll get the hang of it.
Yuzuki

Post by Yuzuki »

Thanks Dubiousdisc and Mikari for the tip, I'll try doing it like that! I usually don't use preview while using PS because I usually have lots of stuff running at the same time, but it seems like the best way to work with small stuff. Wish me luck!
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Yeah, well, it's useful with large stuff too - when drawing or painting, for example, so you can render small areas without ending up with yaoi hands in the process XD

Good luck on your spriting adventure!
Masao
Host

Post by Masao »

Yuzuki wrote:@Masao
Thanks Masao, you have a lovely community here! I feel very welcome. Your collective is so pretty and loved your Kaworu and Ayanami shrines! ( I used to have a chibi Kaworu keychain years ago, but in an ironic twist, the body part fell off )
LOL OMG, that's hilarious, poor Kaworu.

but thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed those sites. I really need to update them though :worry:
THE FATE OF DESTRUCTION IS ALSO THE JOY OF REBIRTH.