peeks out

New, or have been away from the board for a while? Introduce or reintroduce yourself to us!
Forum rules
New and a bit lost? Check out the Getting Started topic and the Mentor Program!
levise

peeks out

Post by levise »

Hello! I'm Lev and I'm pretty new to the world of fanlistings and shrines.

After reading quite a few shrines with insightful interpretations of characters (and fawning over some gorgeous designs), I was inspired to try and start my own kind of fansite! Though I'm quite busy with college work as an art student so... 8'D Hopefully, I can still keep myself dedicated to the art of creating web shrines!

My favorites series, in no particular order, are: Pokémon, Final Fantasy (particularly XIV), Monster Hunter, Fire Emblem, Etrian Odyssey, shoujo in general, and probably some other series that aren't coming to mind...

What are your favorite series? It could be video games, anime/manga, literature, etc!
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Re: peeks out

Post by dubiousdisc »

Hi and welcome!

It's great to hear that you want to start a fansite!! I hear you about being busy with art school of all things (been there, done that, got my degree, still haven't gotten all my sleep back XD) so no worries, keeping projects on the backburner is good too :D

Hello fellow Pokemon and FE fan!! They're two of my biggest interests, especially Pokemon, oh man, don't... don't get me started XD

Have you been thinking of something in particular to make a fansite about (nebulous ideas of any kind too, just, anything that makes you want to write about it)?
levise

Post by levise »

dubiousdisc wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:30 pm Hi and welcome!

It's great to hear that you want to start a fansite!! I hear you about being busy with art school of all things (been there, done that, got my degree, still haven't gotten all my sleep back XD) so no worries, keeping projects on the backburner is good too :D

Hello fellow Pokemon and FE fan!! They're two of my biggest interests, especially Pokemon, oh man, don't... don't get me started XD

Have you been thinking of something in particular to make a fansite about (nebulous ideas of any kind too, just, anything that makes you want to write about it)?
Heya! o/

I'm so glad to meet a fellow fan! I've been meaning to catch up with all the Pokémon / Fire Emblem hubbub but I got sucked into Square Enix void... But I'll happily nerd out about Pokémon! :P

To be honest, I did have quite a few ideas! I've been meaning to make a site about FFXIV for the longest time since it's a game that's close to my heart. And another site about Fire Emblem Awakening since that's also another game I cherish. Gosh there's a lot I've wanted to write about! > <
Andi

Post by Andi »

Hello! :)
We don't have as much in common as I rarely read manga and watch anime or play many games but I can't wait for your shrines to actually know something about your fandoms :)

I am myself into fantasy and sci-fi novels and metal music, I hope you enjoy my future input too :) I am working on my first shrines as well, now, my first being Behemoth band and Anne Rice vampires ^^

Glad to have you here!
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Welcome welcome! I'm also into Pokemon (Team Rocket and Clefairy especially), but I'm also into a ton of other things--I like some video games, some anime, lots of animation, and lots of various books and book series, including some comics along the way. I haven't made a lot of sites recently (brain says nope), but I'm still working on a lot of projects--I'm excited to hear more about yours!
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Stefi
Administrator

Post by Stefi »

Hey hey, welcome! We've got a good number of members here who share similar interests with you :)

My number one favorite series is still Final Fantasy (though I haven't played any of the MMO's), though I do keep up with a number of anime/manga. Recently, I've been watching the new Fruits Basket reboot, so I'm very excited for that!

P.S. We've got a Discord server if you'd like to join us over there as well!