I'm here~ o/

New, or have been away from the board for a while? Introduce or reintroduce yourself to us!
Forum rules
New and a bit lost? Check out the Getting Started topic and the Mentor Program!
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Re: I'm here~ o/

Post by dubiousdisc »

Hello and welcome!

I hear you, I actually have social anxiety too (that and a general anxiety disorder anyway). At this point I accept that I can do what I can do when I can do it, and if I can't, I try to keep things in perspective and remind myself that no, this does not make you a failure of a person etc. etc. etc. Some days it's harder than others, but that's how it is... If you'd ever want to talk about it, feel free to poke me. :D

In any case, everyone is so nice here that, most of the time, I can even forget to break into sweats XD And you're being absolutely fine, so don't worry :D

I tend to have the same problem with working on a layout (well, or on anything visual really), liking it at first and then hating it, and you know what I've found solves it for me? Instead of working on it quickly, let some days pass in which you don't even look at it at all. Hide it in a folder where you don't even have to look at the preview! Then come back to it. Most of the time, I find I appreciate my own work so much more when I do this. It helps me see it in the way in which other people do instead of oversaturating my eyes with it and then finding every flaw that, in the end, is not even really there from the perspective of someone else who is seeing your work as a whole, and not as all the small parts that you remember how you put them together.

I can't wait to see what you'll make!
Drea

Post by Drea »

dubiousdisc wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:37 pm I hear you, I actually have social anxiety too (that and a general anxiety disorder anyway). At this point I accept that I can do what I can do when I can do it, and if I can't, I try to keep things in perspective and remind myself that no, this does not make you a failure of a person etc. etc. etc. Some days it's harder than others, but that's how it is... If you'd ever want to talk about it, feel free to poke me. :D
Oh man, me too. Social anxiety coupled with the ptsd and separation anxiety (less so than when I was a kid but still rears its head sometimes) and general anxiety, ADD, depression, and other cocktails of mental disorders that go untreated. My parents were a fun mix of neuroses that went to their children, but I love 'em.

That being said! I'm probably going to start real work on some one-page type shrines to ease myself in as I construct bigger ones. :x Just... pondering a new domain name first and getting some other things in order. WE SHALL SEE.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Drea wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:06 pm
dubiousdisc wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:37 pm I hear you, I actually have social anxiety too (that and a general anxiety disorder anyway). At this point I accept that I can do what I can do when I can do it, and if I can't, I try to keep things in perspective and remind myself that no, this does not make you a failure of a person etc. etc. etc. Some days it's harder than others, but that's how it is... If you'd ever want to talk about it, feel free to poke me. :D
Oh man, me too. Social anxiety coupled with the ptsd and separation anxiety (less so than when I was a kid but still rears its head sometimes) and general anxiety, ADD, depression, and other cocktails of mental disorders that go untreated. My parents were a fun mix of neuroses that went to their children, but I love 'em.

That being said! I'm probably going to start real work on some one-page type shrines to ease myself in as I construct bigger ones. :x Just... pondering a new domain name first and getting some other things in order. WE SHALL SEE.
*hugggggg of understanding*

One page shrines are <3<3<3 and I'm looking forward to what you're going to make!! :D :D
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Janna

Post by Janna »

Hi and welcome! I'm pretty new around and I already feel like home :D I hope you will too! And I can't wait to see your sites, I'm addicted to reading shrines and drooling over pretty sites, so count me in whenever you decide to show us! :D
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

DREA IT IS SO GOOD TO SEE YOU HERE! :!:

I have been thinking of you and hoping you've been doing okay, so I'm really happy to see you join Amassment and I look forward to seeing anything you make! This is a good, supportive place and everyone is always super happy to see new people and new projects.

:heart: :heart: :heart:
a spoony bard