Hi everyone!

New, or have been away from the board for a while? Introduce or reintroduce yourself to us!
Forum rules
New and a bit lost? Check out the Getting Started topic and the Mentor Program!
Janna

Re: Hi everyone!

Post by Janna »

Hahaha I feel sooo bad for loving these games but totally not being able to play them. I remember playing Shattered Memories in the Wii with my boyfriend: I did all the research and when everything turned to ice and you had to run away I just literally threw the controllers at him and yelled YOUR TURN 8D
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Janna wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:41 pm
Robin wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:02 am Aww thank you! :D This latest domain design was super challenging at first but it turned out unexpectedly awesome! (YAY for tutorials that make sense!! LOL)
It's funny because I was just looking at Parallax stuff the other day and it made my head implode so I just forgot all about it because I couldn't understand a thing :oh: And when I saw your site last night I was clapping like a mad man at it xD
Someday I hope to find a way to improve my coding, for now, my latest site (the Subvision shrine) is in HTML5 (except some center tags I needed to use because I couldn't find out how to center the images and dfjdjf and maybe other itty bitty things~) and I would convert all my sites to HTML5 but I think it's easier to do that from scratch once I change layouts :eyes:
LOL if it hadn't been for this tutorial and its simple demo that I pretty much just copy-pasted and tweaked until I was happy with it, I wouldn't have gotten the parallax layout off the ground at ALLLLL...I was stuck for 6 months on that thing trying to learn how to do it all myself! (Also kudos to you for working with HTML5--for some reason I have been skirting around it afraid to learn much of it. Maybe I'm afraid of how much HTML 4.1 I'll have to unlearn xD)
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Janna

Post by Janna »

Robin wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:09 pm LOL if it hadn't been for this tutorial and its simple demo that I pretty much just copy-pasted and tweaked until I was happy with it, I wouldn't have gotten the parallax layout off the ground at ALLLLL...I was stuck for 6 months on that thing trying to learn how to do it all myself! (Also kudos to you for working with HTML5--for some reason I have been skirting around it afraid to learn much of it. Maybe I'm afraid of how much HTML 4.1 I'll have to unlearn xD)
I'll have to look into that :eyes: thanks!

The worst part is forgetting some of the old HTML and CSS we used before the transition haha. I still haven't stopped using <center> because I don't know how to center images (but I think I may be able to do that using <figure> when posting images lol idk). And maybe other things but the structure of my sites is HTML5 from now on and it's super clean and easy!
:heart:
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Welcome, Janna!! It will be nice to get to know you! ^_^ I can't wait to see your finished shrines~
Janna

Post by Janna »

@Destinie thank you! :heart:
Bobbi

Post by Bobbi »

Hey there and welcome! Your sites are all really pretty! Also, haaaayyy Shenmue! I love that game too! Nice to find another fan! <3
Janna

Post by Janna »

Bobbi wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:01 am Hey there and welcome! Your sites are all really pretty! Also, haaaayyy Shenmue! I love that game too! Nice to find another fan! <3
Ohh thanks! It makes me so happy that you like them ^^ And I'm so glad to find Shenmue lovers around too!! :yay:
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Omg everything

The Sims, you have no idea how I love The Sims. Also Simcity ohhh. Maxis humor made me who I am.
WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE POKEMON. (Or are, if you're like me and go "well..." as soon as the question is asked because there's too many)
Kirby omfg
Silent Hill! It's been too long since I've played those, I should really do it again. The only problem is that I usually play games after dinner so um, it might be counterindicated as a digestive XD
I'm just on the edge of replaying Metal Gear Solid as well, so :D

If you get me started on The Elder Scrolls, I will not stop. (I'm still writing my Oblivion fansite...)

Loool on "the country is beautiful just the people are not always". Isn't that... true of everywhere in the world? :eyes:

Yeah anyway on Ghost! I'm in the related metal fandoms like you have no idea, as a matter of fact I'm going to a metal concert just next week and I'm READY TO SCREAM LIKE THE DAMNED

So all in all, once again welcome and enjoy yourself!
Oh, by the way, letting you know that we also have a Discord channel too if you use Discord and feel like coming in :D
Janna

Post by Janna »

dubiousdisc wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:11 pm Omg everything

The Sims, you have no idea how I love The Sims. Also Simcity ohhh. Maxis humor made me who I am.
Hahaha I know! Do you canoe? That has to be my favourite phone prank from TS1 :yay:
dubiousdisc wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:11 pm WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE POKEMON. (Or are, if you're like me and go "well..." as soon as the question is asked because there's too many)
I always say my favourite pokemon is Bulbasaur because I have a long story of attachment with it :heart: However there are other PKMNs that struck me like Sableye, Hypno, Psyduck or Magikarp xD IDK I like many pokemons but my top 1 is Bulbasaur :star:
dubiousdisc wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:11 pm Silent Hill! It's been too long since I've played those, I should really do it again. The only problem is that I usually play games after dinner so um, it might be counterindicated as a digestive XD
Oh yeah my boyfriend and I always play after dinner but we are so used to gore and stuff that Silent Hill no longer has any effect on us (except for the sudden scary stuff that we don't remember from playthrough to playthrough HAHA).
dubiousdisc wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:11 pm I'm just on the edge of replaying Metal Gear Solid as well, so :D

If you get me started on The Elder Scrolls, I will not stop. (I'm still writing my Oblivion fansite...)
These two sentences are so sexy. Metal Gear is life omg. And OBLIVION. I'm such a fangirl for it. In fact I've been browsing your fansite (should be made into a book inside the game to be honest) and I love it and wonder to myself how the f*** can a person write so much articulate stuff on the world of Oblivion without a head or two imploding. HOW. Total love for it!

dubiousdisc wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:11 pm Oh, by the way, letting you know that we also have a Discord channel too if you use Discord and feel like coming in :D
I got an account and visited the channel but I don't really understand how it goes and I'm afraid of going all HELLO :D there hahaha. *shy*
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Janna wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:15 pm
dubiousdisc wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:11 pm Oh, by the way, letting you know that we also have a Discord channel too if you use Discord and feel like coming in :D
I got an account and visited the channel but I don't really understand how it goes and I'm afraid of going all HELLO :D there hahaha. *shy*
If you've already joined the Amassment server, you should just be able to click on the Amassment icon on the very far left, and then click the first channel listed under "Text Channels", labeled "#general". That will open the general Amassment chat, and you can post whenever and whatever you'd like to. Amount of response will vary depending on how many folks are on at the time you post, but everyone usually checks that channel and will see your message eventually. (The other channels on the server are for specific types of chat, mostly self-explanatory given their titles, and you're welcome to post in any/all of them as well!)
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org