Hi everyone!

New, or have been away from the board for a while? Introduce or reintroduce yourself to us!
Forum rules
New and a bit lost? Check out the Getting Started topic and the Mentor Program!
Janna

Re: Hi everyone!

Post by Janna »

@Robin thanks for that explanation! I'll take that into account and say Hi sometime soon!
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

@Janna The Sims is just... I spent days reading all the in-game descriptions for everything. They're priceless. (I'm thinking of a few like the shower that sends you straight to work in TS2 and the ridiculous paint colors... Where's a collection of the best ones when you want to re-read them?!)

Aw, Bulbasaur. I LOVE THAT YOU ALSO HAVE HYPNO AND MAGIKARP IN THERE because neither gets enough love in different ways. Everyone forgets about Hypno and Magikarp... poor Magikarp...

On Silent Hill: hmmm it's not really the gore as much as the kind of attention playing it requires, it's difficult to play things that are intense like that when your belly is full and you were the one who made the dinner :P

Nooo on Oblivion it's just that this is the result of many many years of not being articulate enough XD that's why I don't have the entire thing written out yet, I'm not always ready to dive in something that requires so much research... I've been replaying in the last few days though and I've got a few thoughts for things that I was stumped on, so I guess it's moving on :D Thank you!
Stefi
Administrator

Post by Stefi »

Hi Janna, it's great to have you here! And welcome to the shrine community! As you can see, we're still alive and kicking! We've had a lot of people stop by over the years who carried the same sentiment as you about feeling intimidated, but I think we've transformed quite a bit to be really inclusive of newcomers and people from all walks of life. We also have many people here, including our admins, whose second or third language is English!

And OMG, I'm actually a fan of Shenmue as well; one of my favorite games on the Dreamcast. Haven't gotten around to playing the sequal, but I hope to someday! I'm very much looking forward to your shrine! :)

I know @Sophia is a fan of wrestling too, so one of us would definitely appreciate any shrines to that category haha!

...And I definitely hope you can get around to your Zack shrine one day. I'm always down for more FF shrines lol ;))))
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

Welcome Janna! I'm glad you decided to join!

Also seconding what Stefi said, I hope that some day we'll get to see a Zack shrine from you. :content:
a spoony bard