So, I suppose I found some free time....

New, or have been away from the board for a while? Introduce or reintroduce yourself to us!
Forum rules
New and a bit lost? Check out the Getting Started topic and the Mentor Program!
SnowRayjah

So, I suppose I found some free time....

Post by SnowRayjah »

Hello everyone!

I'm Snow Rayjah, it's very nice to meet you. Please feel free to call me Snow or Ray. I have been contemplating joining Ammassment for awhile but have been terribly sidetracked by school. I am currently pursuing my masters degree in elementary school teaching. My current "free" days are Tuesday and Wednesday, so I thought I should finally get over here. (Mikari and Cherri both insisted too.)

I consider myself a rookie web designer, as I got into the hobby to better understand my sisters. I recently finished up two projects, Silver Dragon and When it Rains, it Pours. However, my first real site was Liberation, an Aya Brea Character Study. (shush, Mikari and Cherri, it is the first site I made that I have any real pride in!) It is very easy for me to compare myself to others when I'm surrounded by so any talented designers! I have a long way to go, but love learning and being inspired.

I try to be very organized and I love to write. To be honest, I may be too wordy! I just love long blocks of text. This is apparent in my sites which often turn out to look more like essays. My dream is to be a writer and publish a novel one day. I feel as though I still have a very long way to go. Though I am slowly coming to terms with the idea that not everything I write is bad. Often times my fingers do not type as quickly as my brain resulting in typos. Also, I do have a typo demon that loves to spite me.

I am looking forward to a discussion board that doesn't require APA format and for me to have citations to "prove" my point. Still, I ask for pre emptive forgiveness should my posts rigid and formal! Blame school, I'm going too!
Last edited by SnowRayjah on Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My dear, the truth is simple. We're all mad here.
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Re: So, I suppose I found some free time....

Post by dubiousdisc »

Hi! I was visiting your stuff just earlier. :D Always good reads!
Can I say that, among the other things, I love how you name your stuff?

Welcome!
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

Sissa you are here! Amassment is very fun and everyone is very nice. And I will blame school.
;o; *** pew! pew!
Ava

Post by Ava »

Hi Snow! Welcome to the forums!

And congrats again on Liberation winning SOTM a few months ago. I received your reply to the SOTM email, by the way. I'm glad that your first real site, and one you have a lot of pride in, was recognized. As a fellow FF7 lover, I'll definitely be checking out When it Rains, It Pours soon too. :)
Dreams are meaningful when you work toward them in the real world.
If you merely live within the dreams of other people, it's no different from being dead.
SnowRayjah

Post by SnowRayjah »

Dubious, thank you! I can't say my naming scheme is fantastical, but it does amuse me. Thank you very much for the welcome and the compliments! I'm glad if my work can be enjoyed.

Cherri, Mikari says so too! And you guys haven't led me astray yet. <3

Ava, thank you for the warm welcome! Here's hoping that When it Rains, it Pours does not disappoint you.
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

I don't know, when someone else goes "oh! I wish I had named my own sites like that!" I think that's a good sign :)
SnowRayjah

Post by SnowRayjah »

dubiousdisc wrote:I don't know, when someone else goes "oh! I wish I had named my own sites like that!" I think that's a good sign :)
I do that all the time when browsing other people's sites! I usually try to pick something that people will see the connection with in hopes they will remember it easier. :3
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Welcome Snow! I've already read some of your shrines when you submitted them to my directory and I think they're amazing! <3
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
SnowRayjah

Post by SnowRayjah »

Crystal, thank you for the welcome! It's nice to officially meet you; pretty much I just tagged along behind Mikari with joining Emotion. I adore Emotion, but I'm always worried I'm somehow filling out the form incorrectly! D:
anon

Post by anon »

Hey, Snow, welcome to the boards! :D I hope you make yourself comfortable here. As you can tell, lots of us like to dwell on long conversations too! I know the feeling of your brain working faster than you can type but I know you'll find yourself at home here. :)