*peeks*

New, or have been away from the board for a while? Introduce or reintroduce yourself to us!
Forum rules
New and a bit lost? Check out the Getting Started topic and the Mentor Program!
Stefi
Administrator

Re: *peeks*

Post by Stefi »

Sophia wrote:Stefi <3 This was absolutely sweet, making the fact that I am replying days later completely unacceptable. I'm so sorry for the delay in responding - I had gotten in my head that I already had, because I'm an idiot. I REMEMBER BLIZZARA FROM BACK IN THE DAY!

It's funny, coming back? Because as I remember it, there were already fantastic Quistis Trepe and Fran of Viera shrines in excess, but I don't see any in the directory. And yet, those are my favorite FF women ... [small voice inside: sophiaaaa you have enough shrine ideas DON'T DO IT] And incidentally, you've beautifully covered my favorite FF men, Balthier and Squall. <3

A male acquaintance of mine said that he listened to Joanna Newsom "to learn how women think," and though I scoffed at him ("DO U THINK I THINK IN HARP"), I remember playing FF8 and thinking of Squall Leonhart as a case study in #yesallmen at age ten. Which means you and Larissa are gonna suffer some bandwidth issues as I scour your sites again. If I'm not drunk on Cloud's tears, I'm definitely high off of Squall's hairspray. (Is this inappropriate? >> I am still learning forum mores.)
Gurrrl, it's totally okay, it's only been a few days, hahaha! I'm also the absolute worst at replying so I can't say anything rly

Yeah, a ton of shrines kinda dropped off the face of the earth around maybe 2008-10ish? Not entirely sure since I kinda took a long hiatus in 2011. But by that time, shrines were transforming from being information-based to predominantly interpretation-based. But you're right, there were a good amount of sites to Fran and Quistis, probably because they're characters who really stood out. Though you should totally build all your shrine ideas, even to your favorite FF men! :star: I actually really miss seeing multiple shrines to the same character because it was super interesting to see him/her from multiple points of view.

Also, my bandwidth accepts your challenge! (uh that sounds really bad doesn't it)

...I'm going to get "High off of Squall's Hairspray" tattooed on my back now.
Sophia

Post by Sophia »

be careful getting high off squall's hairspray - it's known to prompt women to talk to walls

*CACKLE*

RAY GUN SUE
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

So I'm late but uh welcome! :D
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Sophia

Post by Sophia »

Thank you Crystal! <3

RAY GUN SUE
Shinju

Post by Shinju »

Hi Sophia! Welcome to Amassment!~ I hope you have lots of fun! :D Good luck with your projects! Can’t wait to see them. ouo/
There's no stopping the heart once it falls.
Chibi

Post by Chibi »

Hi Sophia!! Welcome to Amassment! :star: I really, really like your domain and look forward to your shrines!! :heart: (Red in particular!)

I want to play Owlboy and I am Setsuna! I hope to be able to play them soon! :D
Sophia

Post by Sophia »

-hugs you both- thank you!

@Shinju - I think we're both INFJ-ers. -highfives- I see you have also just turned lurker mode off! I'm also normally a lurker type (glances at Myers-Briggs type) - glad we're both being bold in the light! And thank you for responding personally to the Patron application, it was very sweet. :)

@Chibi - Not only are we members of the Stardew Valley trio, BUT, I am also totally a Chair shipper, which I discovered through Shinju's lovely 'Dearest.' *coughs* I basically only have a twitter because I was part of those late-season folks that would tweet #SAVECHUCKANDBLAIR throughout that week's episode. >> I tumbled about it for a long time, and sort of laughably, nothing I make or write on tumblr is reblogged as much as this blurble I flung into the Dair v Chair debate. People want what they want.

RAY GUN SUE
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Post by nyxmidnight »

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeelcome!!! :D I look forward to all your wonderful future shrines and essays!
Join in the Tale, in the Blight, of Conquest and Lies
Come the Sun, to Tarnish in the Sky
Vow that we shall Tear the Light - Dark seizes the Throne
Lost in thoughts, all alone
Sophia

Post by Sophia »

Thank you Nyx <33333 -hugs on- Urf, apologies for delay!

RAY GUN SUE
Elysa

Post by Elysa »

Sophiaaaa~~ Since you sort of upped this thread, let me welcome you *officially* on the forums as well??? (I didn't want to reply to any of the threads because most have been inactive for quite a while now!!) Welcome to Amassment hehehe, I'm glad you've joined us, and I'm looking forward to you making your shrine dreams come true!!! \o/

I love your current layout, I think I saw a few episodes of Bee & Puppycat when it first came out and thought it was very cute, but I haven't kept up with it at all!! ;3; (Also "the archetype that energetically begins projects without finishing them"??? Yes, guilty as charged -- I have so many things I've started only to never touch them again. T_T)