*peeks*

New, or have been away from the board for a while? Introduce or reintroduce yourself to us!
Forum rules
New and a bit lost? Check out the Getting Started topic and the Mentor Program!
Destinie

Re: *peeks*

Post by Destinie »

Welcome Sophia! I hope we help you achieve your shrine dreams! :D
Laura

Post by Laura »

<sharp intake of breath> EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Mass Effect!!! Pillars of Eternity!! <3<3<3<3 YES YES! XD I'm way more excited to see your Wrex shrine but I LOVED PoE and I really can't wait to see a shrine for that! I'm just over the moon to see another ME fan though. I have my own shrine to Nyreen but I'm planning one to Garrus eventually. <3 Maybe you might inspire me to get off my ass and make one before Andromeda hits (omg though, the new gameplay trailer... AHH.)

Ok, enough crazy fangirling from me. XD Welcome to Amassment!! I love your domain layout, it's really cute... makes me excited to see your upcoming projects and I'm happy that you decided to join us. Having a dream to build sites is wonderful and this is really the place to be to get inspiration and motivation for achieving it! Hope to see you around, maybe even in our discord chat. :) Cheers! <3
Sophia

Post by Sophia »

-hugs all- Thank you all for stopping by :) I'm really excited to be here, and so touched by how friendly and nice you've all been. Looking forward to getting to know y'all and makin' some shrines.

RAY GUN SUE
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

Welcome, Sophia! I hope you have a great time here, and I look forward to seeing your future shrines!

I would LOVE to see a Wrex site (please please make it!)
a spoony bard
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

OMG I AM SO LATE WITH POSTING HERE I got lost while browsing and then a week passed.

Welcome to Amassment!! "I have lurked shrines forever, and always wanted to start making my own." I relate to this, especially the "wanting to make shrines since I was 13!!!!", and seeing what you've written and what you plan to create, I can't wait to see all those shrines!! (Quistissssss. I cry over dead Quistis shrines all the time. ALL THE TIME. Actually, I just cry over Quistis all the time; I wanted to see more of FFVIII's side characters...)

I read your Transistor essay at your blog, and as someone who is very invested in the analysis of storytelling, how video games specifically tell - and are capable of telling - stories, as well as examining things from the perspective of feminism, I love the entire essay. All the lead-ups and texts you've quoted are fascinating and eye-opening (in different ways) too. Transistor in particular is a fine subject to study when speaking about those topics (I dug up so many write-ups on it after finishing the game...), so I can't wait to see how you'd go about making a shrine to Red. Perhaps what impresses me the most about the text is how unabashedly you "wind up" (I couldn't find a good English equivalent for the expression I want to use!!) in order to discuss what you mean to address... It's always neat when shrines introduce you to several different things, including other interests and studies by the person behind the shrine, and how they can take you on excursions as they explore related subjects. I'd love to see all these elements in shrines!! <3
I'm hoping to use shrining to encourage myself to write, and learn, and game with greater focus.
This really speaks to me, as someone who discovered shrines and wanted to be part of the community from a young age. Becoming interested in shrines and wanting to make one shaped how I absorb media, and even now as I am actively making shrines, I see just how much there is to be explored in a subject when you're in the mindset of making a shrine for it, and how there are things that may not have occured to you until you're working on any given shrine. :heart:

Though I missed commenting in this topic while your first domain layout was up, I just want to let you know that I'm glad to see Momodora love too! I haven't played the game yet, though I've been intrigued by its art style and it's been on my wishlist for a while. Seeing you vouch for it in your upcoming projects certainly bumps it up in priority. <3

Anyway, if you have any questions or need any help around the community, let me know!
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
Larissa
Time Traveler

Post by Larissa »

joins lethe with the late welcome, lalala, where did the time go. Also seconding Lethe re: your Transistor post because I read it too and had the same reaction because it was super good.

Anyway, I am super glad you've joined the board, and I really can't wait to see sites from you! I've already told you which ones I'm looking forward to but HONESTLY, I WANT ALL OF THEM. Also if you need someone to yell about FF8 with you, I'm your girl. B)
tonight fate is the
Sophia

Post by Sophia »

Haha! Wrex is apparently ... in demand, which somehow surprises me, BUT ALSO PLEASES ME GREATLY

-hugs- team, you are so kind, and friendly.

Emma - especially given my shrine dreams, I have to LOVE that Miranda layout. And Kyubey! <3 I appreciated the thorough interpretation of his motivations. I need to reread through when I am a bit less sleep deprived. I've never played FFVII (*plate clatters to floor*), but Red XIII always intrigued me. Obviously will be rectified ... when mythical free time comes my way

Lethe and Larissa - you are both true champs for slogging through that lengthy thing. I appreciate that you read it at all, but especially with positive feedback, makes me feel very good. Lethe, I have already pm'd you, and shall do so again when I am less fuzzy

Larissa - DID I TELL YOU INSPIRED ME TO START PLAYING FF TACTICS ADVANCE AGAIN (because you did, you so did (there goes the next one hundred thousand hours of my life))

RAY GUN SUE
Larissa
Time Traveler

Post by Larissa »

as someone who replayed (most) of FFTA this year: excellent. (I may or may not be working on a site for it. coughs.) :heart:!
tonight fate is the
Stefi
Administrator

Post by Stefi »

Welcome to the community! We are all super excited to have you here, and I am especially excited for your potential Quistis shrine! Also, so totally in love with your Bee & Puppycat layout :heart: You will definitely fit right in with us over here :)

You came at a pretty good time though! I think many of us FF domain owners were pretty loud and crazy and emotionally drunk on Cloud's tears back in the day, so you didn't miss out much (though, I am probably recalling this differently that most people). We're pretty chill and friendly now! Maybe except me, I'm still crazy even at age 27 (see forum avatar).

Did I mention that I adore your writing style? :star:
Sophia

Post by Sophia »

Stefi <3 This was absolutely sweet, making the fact that I am replying days later completely unacceptable. I'm so sorry for the delay in responding - I had gotten in my head that I already had, because I'm an idiot. I REMEMBER BLIZZARA FROM BACK IN THE DAY!

It's funny, coming back? Because as I remember it, there were already fantastic Quistis Trepe and Fran of Viera shrines in excess, but I don't see any in the directory. And yet, those are my favorite FF women ... [small voice inside: sophiaaaa you have enough shrine ideas DON'T DO IT] And incidentally, you've beautifully covered my favorite FF men, Balthier and Squall. <3

A male acquaintance of mine said that he listened to Joanna Newsom "to learn how women think," and though I scoffed at him ("DO U THINK I THINK IN HARP"), I remember playing FF8 and thinking of Squall Leonhart as a case study in #yesallmen at age ten. Which means you and Larissa are gonna suffer some bandwidth issues as I scour your sites again. If I'm not drunk on Cloud's tears, I'm definitely high off of Squall's hairspray. (Is this inappropriate? >> I am still learning forum mores.)

@Larissa: homg. I'm thrilled! RITZ!FAN 4 LIFE.

RAY GUN SUE