Am I late to the party?

New, or have been away from the board for a while? Introduce or reintroduce yourself to us!
Forum rules
New and a bit lost? Check out the Getting Started topic and the Mentor Program!
Fiona

Am I late to the party?

Post by Fiona »

Hello. My name is Fiona. While I'm not new to shrines and forums, I'm new to the Amassment community on the whole (I do recognize a few names though). I think I remembered seeing the Amassment community around on LJ back when I previously owned cissnei.net in 2007/2008 but life happened and I just sort of fell off the radar eventually.

I recently re-purchased and re-launched cissnei.net and I currently have a Cissnei (Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core) shrine up. I used to have an incomplete Gabranth (Final Fantasy XII) shrine, but the written content on that is old and kind of embarrassing to me now, so I'll need to revamp that haha.

As you can tell from my blurb(s), I'm mainly a Final Fantasy fan, but I'm really just a (j)RPG junky. lol. I also like Anime/Manga as well, so my (future) shrines will probably be centered around those categories.

Anyway, I hope to be active in the shrining community and not just fall off the radar again. Oh, and nice to meet everyone!
"Spread your wings in the stormy winds..."
Masao
Host

Re: Am I late to the party?

Post by Masao »

Yay, great to have you with us! Welcome to Amassment, and looking forward to your revamps and new sites. :heh:
THE FATE OF DESTRUCTION IS ALSO THE JOY OF REBIRTH.
Larissa
Time Traveler

Post by Larissa »

Welcome! It's a wonderful surprise to see a site for Cissnei, let alone a whole domain named after her :heart: I love the name you chose for her site, and it's really impressive how much information you've covered about her considering that there's not a whole lot about her, haha! It was a really lovely read.

And I'm absolutely looking forward to seeing your Gabranth site :!: :!: :!: Seriously, I can't tell you how excited this makes me, FFXII sites are my favorite thing and you have made my day. :heart:

I hope to see you around Amassment! :heart:
tonight fate is the
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Welcome to Amassment! You would not believe how excited I am to see a possible something from The World Ends With You. I love that game! :D
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Megan A

Post by Megan A »

Welcome to Amassment! I really love your domain. The colors are super light and pretty. Excited to see some of your revamp and new sites!! I can't wait to read through Uplift!
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Post by nyxmidnight »

Welcome to Amassment! You have a very cute domain, kupo!
Join in the Tale, in the Blight, of Conquest and Lies
Come the Sun, to Tarnish in the Sky
Vow that we shall Tear the Light - Dark seizes the Throne
Lost in thoughts, all alone
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

GOSH CUTE ETNA! Welcome, Fiona! :D :D You're definitely not late, and we'd love to have you. :heart:

omg the Moogle. ;_______________; :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: I adore the pale purple/yellow/pink colour scheme at your domain aaaahh, not a combination I often see! And I'm with Crystal - I'd be ecstatic to see new TWEWY shrines!!

I haven't played Crisis Core and my knowledge of it is pretty much limited to... all the Aerith-related scenes that I watched over and over in my early days (nobody judge me!!), and things I picked up from shrines and Wikis. I've always loved Cissnei's character design though, and know that she's a minor character, so it's SO GREAT to see her as your domain's namesake - and that you already have a Cissnei shrine up WTF. True dedication. :heart: :heart:

As Larissa said, the name you chose for the shrine is absolutely gorgeous and fitting (saying this after I've read the shrine). :star: I'm particularly impressed by the work and content that went into your "Surface" section: There's a lot of info here on both Cissnei and the Turks, from very different parts of the games and compilation. Your personal speculation and commentary is very enjoyable, so I'm really looking forward to any future sites of yours. :music2:

If you need any help around Amassment, give me a poke! <3
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

A shrinemaker is never late, nor are they early; they arrive precisely when they mean to! (thanks Tolkien for the sentiment, LOL)

So glad you've joined here!! Looking forward to what you're working on now and what new projects will develop in the future! :D
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Aku

Post by Aku »

Hey Fiona, so glad you made it to the party! :heh: Everyone here is always super happy to see newcomers so welcome welcome! (We'll make sure you don't fall off the radar again... :pale2: )

Your domain is super adorable! Looking forward to checking out your stuff & seeing what else you have in store for everyone! :content:
Fiona

Post by Fiona »

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome and thank you all for your kind words towards my currently limited sites. :heart:

@Crystal Surprisingly, I think The World Ends With You might just be my favorite RPG thus far, that's why I am having a hard time picking a character to shrine at the moment. Haha.
"Spread your wings in the stormy winds..."