Another Newbie!

New, or have been away from the board for a while? Introduce or reintroduce yourself to us!
Forum rules
New and a bit lost? Check out the Getting Started topic and the Mentor Program!
Andrea

Re: Another Newbie!

Post by Andrea »

Hello, Rain! I hope everything's well with you now or is on its way to getting better at least. In any case, welcome back! I've stumbled across more than one of your fanlistings in the past, and I always love how colorful your layouts are. :D

Ugh, regarding shrine subjects that are too "big," I feel you. I find choosing a minor/side character is a pretty good way to start. But don't worry; I BELIEVE IN YOU. I can't wait to see your new project once it's finished!
Rain

Post by Rain »

Hello Andrea! Awww, thank you so much <3. I'm glad you like my sites so far :). I have also visited some of your sites in the past and I absolutely love your layouts, they are so beautiful <333.

I still had not much time to continue working on my first shrine but at least, I managed to get the layout done, so I can hopefully add some content soon :).
Elysa

Post by Elysa »

Hey Rain, welcome to Amassment!! I'm excited to see you here, I love browsing your fanlistings because the layouts are always so pretty -- I can't wait to see some shrines from you! <3
Chibi

Post by Chibi »

Welcome back, Rain! :heart: I'm trying to get back into Amassment and shrining myself after having a horrible 6 months and still not being out of the awful period yet. I hope you have lots of fun and I look forward to your shrines! :)
Rain

Post by Rain »

Elysa, thank you so much! :heart: That really means a lot to me and I just can return the compliment :blush: .

Chibi, thank you! *hugs* I'm so sorry to hear what you've been through (and still are). So it's so nice to see you over here and I'm also looking forward to your projects :heart: .
Todd

Post by Todd »

Chibi wrote:Welcome back, Rain! :heart: I'm trying to get back into Amassment and shrining myself after having a horrible 6 months and still not being out of the awful period yet. I hope you have lots of fun and I look forward to your shrines! :)
Aw, I'm sorry to hear that, Chibs!

I'm glad you're trying to be active though! We've missed you!
Rain

Post by Rain »

Me again :swt: . Seems that always when I want to continue working on my first shrine, something else comes up.

Long story short, my RL issues were kinda though during the last months and I wasn't doing too well health wise either. I had a stomach surgery one month ago and am still at home to recover. When I came back from hospital, I was without internet for 2 weeks and when I finally had it back, I needed to take care of and catch up with my fanlisting stuff and TFL staffer duties. BUT I've got most things sorted out finally, so I can hopefully (!) continue working on my first shrine - it's not supposed to take so long considering it's about a minor character *lol*. On top, I just thought today the layout I made for it is ugly, so I might just start from scratch. Oh dear xD.

I have also received the files of a clique that closed around 2 years ago. Always thought that it was kinda sad, and when I got more involved with cliques recently, I decided to contact the previous owner about it and she was so nice to send me her backup. So once I can hopefully figure out how to modify Enthusiast the best way for cliques, I'll also bring said clique back :heh: .

I also have already some more ideas for things I want to make a shrine for (mostly game characters and pokemon :content:) and I finally want my network to be up and running.

Maybe I should start with just one thing xD. So yeah, just wanted to say "Hi" (again!) and get some more motivation and inspiration for my ideas - and maybe procrastination tips xD.
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

And welcome back again! I'm sorry to hear about all the stressful things, but it's good to hear that you're doing better now! I'm looking forward to seeing your shrine and the revived clique. :> It'd definitely help to start with a small project and focus on it haha.
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

Glad to hear you're on the mend, Rain! <3 I look forward to seeing your projects! (POKEMON!)
a spoony bard
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

OMG sounds like you've had a rough go of it the last few months!! Glad you're recovering and planning some cool new projects! I will agree, though, start with one thing, otherwise you might get overwhelmed *cough*speakingfromexperience*cough*
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org