Another Newbie!

New, or have been away from the board for a while? Introduce or reintroduce yourself to us!
Forum rules
New and a bit lost? Check out the Getting Started topic and the Mentor Program!
Amber

Re: Another Newbie!

Post by Amber »

Welcome abroad, Rain! I too don't make shrines as much (or they are often a very long process) however, it is fun when you get them online. :D
Todd

Post by Todd »

I'm technically on hiatus (still getting settled in from a cross country move), but I saw your introduction and was like, aw, yay! You're one of my favorite people to interact with at TFL, so I am so excited you've come to Amassment! The member base here is wonderful -- lots of creative and supportive people who love shrines; I'm sure you'll get lots of inspiration. If you have any questions or need feedback while working on shrines, make a new post somewhere, and people will jump to the rescue, lol.

I hope you like it here! Poke one of the Forum Team staffers or an Admin if you need anything!

Welcome to Amassment!

/goes back into abyss
Samantha

Post by Samantha »

Hi Rain; welcome to Amassment! I'm glad you decided to introduce yourself--this is a great community to find motivation to start working on shrines. I can't wait to see your Pokemon things!
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

Welcome, Rain! It's awesome to see you here! :)
a spoony bard
Rain

Post by Rain »

Hey everyone, sorry for my absence - Great way to start over here, eh?! :pale: I actually had a lot of stuff going on in real life (health, job, family etc.) and when I was online, I was more than busy to get my fanlistings stuff up to date :swt: .

But, as I've recently sorted out most of those things and currently have a little more time on my hands (and as I've really missed stalking this board xD) - here I am again! Thanks everyone for the lovely welcome, you are just a wonderful community :heart:.
To be honest, I thought about finally making a shrine in the meantime but somehow I couldn't decide about the subject as everything seems too "big" for a first shrine. I also have the feeling I couln't express myself too well (what would be an essential part of building a shrine), so I was always kinda scared to start. So now I've decided to start with a teeny-tiny supporting character of an animation movie, and then we'll see where it goes. Off to stalk the boards and find lots of inspiration :).

@ Todd: Awww, thank you so much <3. I also really enjoy interacting with you, so I also blame you and your advertisement for Amassment over at TFL xD.
Last edited by Rain on Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Megan A

Post by Megan A »

Rain, I don't know how I missed this post back when you originally posted it, but welcome welcome welcome to Amassment! :D :D I'm really, really glad you're here. I hope you can find the inspiration you're looking for, and if you ever need anyone to rant about video games or animated movies to, feel free to message me! :D
Laura

Post by Laura »

Oh, I hope you're okay! Health/work/family got in the way for me for a year too so I know how it is! Glad to hear you've gotten it sorted and are able to spend time on what you want to do now though. :) Welcome back!!
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

Hey Rain, hello and welcome back! Nice to hear you thought of Amassment now that you have time again. I'm looking forward to the shrine you have in mind! I really understanding feeling scared, but we're here if you need help and encouragement. <3
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
Larissa
Time Traveler

Post by Larissa »

Hey Rain, it's great to see you over here! I missed your initial intro due to life stuff myself, so don't worry, it happens to all of us.

Really looking forward to seeing your first site! :heart: It's a great idea to start small -- it's a lot easier that way, haha!
tonight fate is the
Rain

Post by Rain »

Thank you so much for your lovely words, everyone *hugs*.