Hello Again

New, or have been away from the board for a while? Introduce or reintroduce yourself to us!
Forum rules
New and a bit lost? Check out the Getting Started topic and the Mentor Program!
Anise

Hello Again

Post by Anise »

Hey guys, I'm Anise formerly of cherudim.org and I was last around in 2010 or so. What pretty much happened to me was I went to college and couldn't keep up with school work and shrines and so shrines fell by the wayside until I decided it wasn't worth the money it took to keep my domain up and running. I graduated a while back and I spend a lot of time working but I've been thinking about coming back to shrines though I'll never be as active again. I just wanted to say Hi and sorry for falling off a cliff so long ago.
The Second Guardian Network ☆☆ Esperits.ORG
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Re: Hello Again

Post by dubiousdisc »

Holy shit, Anise! I've been wondering what happened to you, I loved your sites!
I'm glad to hear that it was nothing bad, haha. Congratulations on graduating and all! It's cool that you're considering to make some more sites. Don't worry about being that active (I think the last thing I did personally in this regard was like, more than a year ago), just, I'm glad that you're around again. :)
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

She lives!

It's awesome to know you're still alive and kicking. I was sad to see your domain disappear but I'm glad it was only for good reasons. Congrats on graduating! I hope we'll see more of you here again. :D
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

Hi Anise! It's good to hear from you again. I always enjoyed your domain & sites and was sad to see them go. But I totally understand your situation and am glad that everything is okay. Congrats on graduating! Thanks for letting us know what's up and hope to see you around if time allows. :)
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

Welcome back, I hope you enjoy your return and can get back into making sites. :) Congratulations on graduating.
Todd

Post by Todd »

Hey, Anise, I was wondering what happened to you! Congratulations on graduating! I'm excited to see you thinking about coming back! I can't wait to see what you decide to bring back!
Chibi

Post by Chibi »

Hi Anise! Welcome back and congrats on graduating! :) I loved your site and I'm glad you're getting back into shrines again! Good luck with all your projects!
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Woot! Welcome back! I know that feeling of "should I keep paying for this site when I don't know when I'm ever build anything new?"--I went through that in grad school.

Thankfully there's no "quota" to reach for being considered an active shrine maker, otherwise I'd never meet it! LOL!
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Anise

Post by Anise »

Thanks guys! I'm definitely looking into it (though sadly cherudim.org is now taken so I'll be getting a new name if I do). I'd have to figure out hosting first. What hosting services are you guys using now-a-days?
The Second Guardian Network ☆☆ Esperits.ORG
Camy
Administrator

Post by Camy »

Welcome back, Anise! I remember seeing you around on LJ when we used to be on there before switching here to the forums.

I completely understand with college eating up your time, especially with projects mixed with stress ><

As for hosts, I use Dreamhost and they're amazing. They always let us know what's up, like server changes since they upgrade their servers every four years or so and will move you to another. I've yet to use their customer service, but they're so laid back and I adore their emails. I know I'm fanning over them, but I've been with them since 2006.
I accept your challenge, "high prince", but I am no general.