Holla, People!

New, or have been away from the board for a while? Introduce or reintroduce yourself to us!
Forum rules
New and a bit lost? Check out the Getting Started topic and the Mentor Program!
Lysianthus

Holla, People!

Post by Lysianthus »

Hello!!! I've been lurking on here for a while now, but only had the courage to introduce myself today. :heh: (I notice that most of the newly registered users tend to do that, as I've read on the Introductions forum... :pale: )

Hi! I go by Lysianthus and I own Affelius, Asclaria, and Clydoll. Ever since I discovered shrines a while back, I started to become interested in making them for my own favorite subjects (of course, after having a shrine-surfing spree). I have always loved looking at collective/network sites and admiring the layouts, and that's what pushed me to have my own, even though I did not have any plans to start working on fanlistings, shrines, or cliques back in the day at all. (Have you ever had that feeling when you want to have something just for the sake of having it? :content: )

Obviously, you guys are the experts in this arena! :ok: I joined Ammassment to surround myself with motivation and inspiration, so that I will actually starting making these shrines, since I'm... one of... the laziest persons on earth... :swt2: *nervous laugh*

Anyway, nice to meet you, all! :heart:
Affelius (creative) ☆ Asclaria (network) ☆ Lysianthus (personal)
Lethe

Re: Holla, People!

Post by Lethe »

lol I was totally like that too!! XD I love that Amassment gives you the option to lurk/read forums without having to register first. Welcome to the community! :heart: Looking at networks I saw while browsing fanlistings is what made me want my own domain too. :star:

Looks like you have a lot of projects up and running - I like how Affelius has a bit of everything, including personal things, and that you have a central website solely for fanfic bookmarks/recommendations. 8D

I hope that you'll manage to find what you're looking for here on Amassment! :music:
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Post by nyxmidnight »

Welcome aboard, Lysianthus! You've come to the right place for inspiration, I can tell you that much! Everyone is lovely and friendly and ready to help each other making beautiful websites full of love.

I'm looking forward to your Seven Sins clique. I already know what sins I'll be claiming, hahahaha orz.
Join in the Tale, in the Blight, of Conquest and Lies
Come the Sun, to Tarnish in the Sky
Vow that we shall Tear the Light - Dark seizes the Throne
Lost in thoughts, all alone
Todd

Post by Todd »

Welcome to Amassment, Lysianthus! Haha, I feel you on the laziness. Hopefully we can help motivate you! We have a new event starting soon (Old School is about to end).

If you have any questions or need help with anything, feel free to poke me or one of the other staffers! I hope you enjoy it here!
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Welcome welcome! I love browsing around your domains--what lovely responsive layouts! And the resources on Affelius are wonderful too; I will definitely have to check out the PHP tutorials, since learning PHP is like trying to catch eels barehanded xD
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

Welcome to Amassment ^^ I love all the movement and interactive animations on your sites. It's all very smooth. :D
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Welcome to Amassment, Lysianthus! Amassment is awesome for inspiration so I hope that will make you make some sites. :D
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Hello and welcome! Aaahhhh pretty sites. I can't wait to see what you will make! :D Laziness aside, hehe.
Camy
Administrator

Post by Camy »

Hello Lysianthus and welcome to Amassment 8D

I see you have Alex from Reverie in your links down below on Affelius, I'm his hostess~.

I'm lazy too, too lazy to even take down my dishes downstairs and sometimes going to the restroom. I still haven't updated my main domain which has had the same layout since 2010 XD
I accept your challenge, "high prince", but I am no general.
Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

Hi there Lysianthus! Welcome aboard. :) You've certainly come to the right place if you are looking for motivation and inspiration. And as Todd said, don't hesitate to contact a staffer if you have any questions.

All of your sites are gorgeous! I really like the hover effect on affeli.us's navigation. Looking forward to whatever else you come up with. :yay:
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.