I am homeless, and I am new in town.

New, or have been away from the board for a while? Introduce or reintroduce yourself to us!
Forum rules
New and a bit lost? Check out the Getting Started topic and the Mentor Program!
Kiel

I am homeless, and I am new in town.

Post by Kiel »

Hi all~ My name is Kiel and I own londonboy.org. I've been making fansites since the late 90's, back when everyone would rush to finish their shrines so they could submit them to the Anime Web Turnpike rather than to meet a fanlist deadline. Oh, that decade.

I haven't been an avid shrine-maker since about 2006, but I still open fanlistings every so often and go through periods of design frenzies. I used to have a collective called little-voodoo.net under a pen name, but a few months ago I decided to switch up my style a little bit and get a new domain. It ended up being more of a "shifting stuff around" experience than a style overhaul, but it all worked out and nobody died in the process so I'm happy.

I'm not sure what else to say except that I've known about Amassment and appreciated its existence from afar for many years. I'm looking forward to being an interactive member if you'll have me. :music:
Varen

Re: I am homeless, and I am new in town.

Post by Varen »

It's nice to see you Kiel! I'm happy that many people are delurking recently - it reminds me that there are many, many more fansite makers outside from the small group that I'm more used to. I hope you have a great time.

Mind if I ask about your previous history? Maybe I've run into some of your old sites, haha.
Iris-NoireORG
wasting internet space until i get motivation again
Todd

Post by Todd »

Yay, another guy! lol Welcome to Amassment, Kiel!
Masao
Host

Post by Masao »

omg I remember the good ol' days of Anime Web Turnpike! lol I kind of miss it.

Welcome to Amassment!
THE FATE OF DESTRUCTION IS ALSO THE JOY OF REBIRTH.
Eden

Post by Eden »

Hi Kiel! I like your designs. ^.^ Welcome to the boards!
Not just another romantic comedy. ~ Get Dropbox!
Kiel

Post by Kiel »

Thank you all for the warm welcomes! I appreciate them. :3

Varen, you may certainly ask about my history! Let's see, my oldest sites that are still up are my Yuko Sasaki (2003) and Miz (2004) shrines. Before 2003, while I was still being hosted by friends and whatnot, my biggest site was a shrine to Cerecere from BSSM. I also had shrines to Articuno, Espeon, The Song card from CCS, and Maro-chan from Kodomo no Omocha. I honestly can't remember the names of any of them. :blank: I think the Cerecere shrine was called "Posh" or "Arrogant Florist" or something.

In the mid-00's I had made some sites for Seraphim Call, Haunted Junction, and Sensei no Ojikan that were basically just detailed product lists. I want to say that I thought that that was a unique thing to do at the time, but, lol, I'm pretty sure I was just avoiding making general series tributes.

I've also run the fanlistings for Gregory Horror Show, Nigella Lawson, Akashiya Moka (Rosario+Vampire), Chandelure, Akihabara Dennou Gumi (co-run with my pal Shiori), and Black/Matrix Zero in the past.

I'm sure I'm leaving a lot out, but that's the bulk of it. ^^;
anon

Post by anon »

I totally remember you for your Yuko Sasaki shrine years and years ago during my days of repeatedly listening to "Pure Snow." It's great to see you finally delurking and joining us!! :D
Puppeteer

Post by Puppeteer »

Pleasure to have you here, Kiel! Looking forward to seeing more of your gorgeous work in the future :D
[People have a weakness for forbidden things.]
Shiori

Post by Shiori »

Hey bb. We need to do something Akihabara Dennou Gumi-y again. The 90's were our heyday. HOLD ME.
Kiel

Post by Kiel »

Joe wrote:I totally remember you for your Yuko Sasaki shrine years and years ago during my days of repeatedly listening to "Pure Snow." It's great to see you finally delurking and joining us!!
Oh man, I never think anybody knows about my sites much less remembers if they've been to them, so that made me smile all kinds of wide. :heart: AND HECK YEAH PURE SNOW.
Puppeteer wrote:Pleasure to have you here, Kiel! Looking forward to seeing more of your gorgeous work in the future :D
Aw, thank you! I'm no stranger to your domain; I love your designs and I really admire your articulation. It's great to meet you. :3
Shiori wrote:Hey bb. We need to do something Akihabara Dennou Gumi-y again. The 90's were our heyday. HOLD ME.
IT'S ALL ABOUT THE 90'S, BB.

We do need to do another co-op, especially since we own more merch than any respectable people should. *brofist*