I am homeless, and I am new in town.

New, or have been away from the board for a while? Introduce or reintroduce yourself to us!
Forum rules
New and a bit lost? Check out the Getting Started topic and the Mentor Program!
Crystal

Re: I am homeless, and I am new in town.

Post by Crystal »

Kiel wrote:@Crystal Thanks, Crystal! lol yeah, the hitchhiking mascot they had still haunts my dreams. Do you remember its name? It was something really awkward like "Pike-chan", I think.
Unfortunately I don't remember at all. x.x
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

Crystal wrote:
Kiel wrote:@Crystal Thanks, Crystal! lol yeah, the hitchhiking mascot they had still haunts my dreams. Do you remember its name? It was something really awkward like "Pike-chan", I think.
Sorry to butt in, but was it Trixie Turnpike? And if so, is it sad that I remember?
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.
Aku

Post by Aku »

Nice to meet you Kiel! I'm a bit late in welcoming you, but your domain is super lovely! Also, now crying because I'm thinking of that hitchhiking mascot from the Anime Turnpike... THROWBACK THURSDAYS!!

I'm going to go haunt your websites now, looking forward to getting to know you! :3
Kiel

Post by Kiel »

Sarah wrote:
Crystal wrote:
Sorry to butt in, but was it Trixie Turnpike? And if so, is it sad that I remember?
Yeah, that was it! :D It's okay, I don't know how I could have forgotten a name that trips so easily off the tongue like that.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I remember they held a naming contest for it and even back then I couldn't believe that that was the best entry. I'd have called her Tipsy Pitstop or something. Or Tandy Turnaround. She probably would've gotten a ride a lot sooner if her name had been Tandy Turnaround.

@Aku Thank you! I've been haunting your sites for forever so I fully welcome your poltergeist activity. :heart:
Kula

Post by Kula »

Super late to the party but welcome Kiel! I've seen some of your websites (mostly fanlistings) on the updates and loved your works, so nice to have you here~

(After all that talk I feel like re-watching Akihabara Dennou Gumi now hahaha)
overskill / uchuu ☆*。★゚*♪ヾ(☆ゝз・)ノ♪ ♪
Vii

Post by Vii »

Hello Kiel! It's nice to meet you! :)

OH DEAR GLOB, I remember the days of Anime Web Turnpike as well. And rushing my sites so they could be listed there. My awful, awful late '90's shrines... But I used AWT to find everything. EVERYTHING.
searching for the starlight in the darkest skies.
a complex surface, laid out right before our eyes. everything makes sense, now that you are by my side.
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

Hi! :D I'm not familiar with your shrines, but your layouts are gorgeous <3! I saw your fanlistings for Viluy a while back when browsing fanlistings and went *O*.
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
Saya

Post by Saya »

welcome to the boards =)
-* Nothing is true ... everything is permitted.
Ava

Post by Ava »

Hey Kiel, belated welcome to the boards! I've known two of your shrines for a long time now - Gorgeous and Bare Grace (back when it was called Bon Vivant). It's great to finally meet the person behind those sites. I hope you can find a good home here. :)
Dreams are meaningful when you work toward them in the real world.
If you merely live within the dreams of other people, it's no different from being dead.
anon

Post by anon »

Ava wrote:Welcome, Kiel! I recognized your sites even before I read that you used to own voodoo. Gorgeous Little Things and Bare Grace stand out. (I was also thinking of your yuko shrine recently because I was pondering "bon vivant" as a shrine name. :ok:)

Your current collective has fantastic presentation. I look forward to getting to know you better. Enjoy your time here!
Psst, Ava. XD