Hello from sunny Oman

New, or have been away from the board for a while? Introduce or reintroduce yourself to us!
Forum rules
New and a bit lost? Check out the Getting Started topic and the Mentor Program!
Shin

Hello from sunny Oman

Post by Shin »

Hello, everyone!

My name is Shi and I just joined after lurking for a couple of weeks. I am from Muscat, Oman (in the Middle East) but have Filipino and Chinese origins :content:

I have been making shrines since 2001 and got my first domain the year after. I am into the Fushigi Yuugi, Virtua Fighter, Hellsing, Rurouni Kenshin and Hunter X Hunter fandoms (bit old school, but I love them all so much). Aside from shrines, I also make fanlistings and write original and fan fiction. I blog about anything under the sun.

Offline, I teach fitness classes and martial arts to adults and kids. I'm an academic advisor and a personal trainer, as well as a published writer. Completing my first novel, yay! If ever you're in my side of the world, please let me know! Our country is beautiful and I'd love to show you around :heart:
Last edited by Shin on Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shi - Honor & Blood
"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
Destinie

Re: Hello from sunny Oman

Post by Destinie »

Hello, Shin! Welcome to Amassment! Look forward to seeing you around and more of your shrines in the future! I'm checking out your sites now and looking forward to reading some of your writing!
Todd

Post by Todd »

That's so awesome that you write. I've been following your blog a little bit after you added me on BlogLovin'. I need to link it on my blogroll!

Anyway, welcome to Amassment! I look forward to seeing what you do and reading some of your writing as well. Also, I really like your layout style. It's nostalgic. If you need anything, feel free to poke me or any one of our staffers. Everyone here is super awesome and helpful.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Welcome welcome, fellow novelist and webdesigner! :D Wow, you are a busy bee both online and offline :) Glad you decided to join! ^o^
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Shin

Post by Shin »

Shukran jazeelan (Arabic for "Thank you very much") for the warm welcome, guys!

Am looking forward to participating actively in the forum and to building more shrines. My writing is available on scribbled for fanfics and strangesky for original works. My published portfolio is also online but it's not linked from my personal websites (feel free to message me privately, I will send you the URL) :)

Thanks for your lovely feedback, Todd. My design style is kind of "old school," if you will ;)

Destinie, thanks for adding me back on Twitter!

CuriousLittleBird, my fingers are crossed for your novel's completion, too :) Planning to get on board NaNoWriMo this year - hope you will, too!
Shi - Honor & Blood
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Welcome to Amassment Shin! :D
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Camy
Administrator

Post by Camy »

Welcome to Amassment, Shin~ :D

I like the layouts that you have too, really brings me back when I surfed the web years ago.
I accept your challenge, "high prince", but I am no general.
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Hello and welcome! :D Wow you have many sites and many things going on!
Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

Hi Shin, welcome! I've enjoyed browsing your sites and I agree with Todd that you have a nostalgic style. (Which is a good thing!) I hope you enjoy yourself here, everyone is very nice and helpful so don't ever hesitate to join in or start a conversation. :) And it's so cool that you teach martial arts!
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.
Shin

Post by Shin »

Thanks, everyone! I really feel honored that you like my sites and my humble design style. I like to keep things simple and classic :)

@Dubious I love to keep busy, keeps the creative juices flowing.

@Sarah I come from a martial arts family :)))) I apprenticed in Hung Gar Kung Fu and have degrees in Sanda and Tai Chi. My dad and husband are both Karate black belts (who studied 20 years apart in the same dojo). Kinda like being in Ranma XDDD
Shi - Honor & Blood