Lurker in action

New, or have been away from the board for a while? Introduce or reintroduce yourself to us!
Forum rules
New and a bit lost? Check out the Getting Started topic and the Mentor Program!
Crystal

Re: Lurker in action

Post by Crystal »

I do agree. I was nervous to join even though I've been part of the community for years (I blame being shy and that I don't usually like forums very much) but I've felt right at home here, and have even been more active than I thought I would.
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Todd

Post by Todd »

Hey Lethe! We love having new members, so it's awesome that you followed us over! Don't feel bad for lurking or feel pressured to participate. The cool thing about this place is you can participate as much or as little as you'd like/have time for.

Everyone here though is friendly, so you should comment every once in a while. ;)
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

Yes, this does seem like an extremely nice, welcoming and supporting community indeed. <(^_^<) Glad to be here, thank you. x)
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
Yamila

Post by Yamila »

*super late but* hello and welcome to the boards!!! *w*/
omg, greek mythology is so interesting :blush: i used to read a lot about it when i was younger... (saint seiya may or may not have something to do with it haha :star: )

and dude, same happened to me with english :heh: i learnt tons of things from the internet... and certain kinds of vocabulary from smut fanfics... hehe... :blush:

can't wait to see what you will produce in the future :heart:
· watch out, the night is breaking ·
stalking ur sites with Masao, Dragoneyes & Saya · [ directory team ]
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

Thanks! I started with it due to Sailor Moon, I think. :> (Sailor Moon was great at introducing me to various things since all the Sailor Senshi are associated with certain colors, blood types, mythological deity, planet, gemstone, etc. @_@) <3
Saya

Post by Saya »

Lethe wrote: @Saya: Thank youu, I looooove your avatar!! <3 (It's a fact that Yuuko makes any kind of graphic look great.)
I agree, when it's Yuuko it's always beautiful u.u/ (this avatar I got as a gift, I love it)
-* Nothing is true ... everything is permitted.
Ava

Post by Ava »

Hi Lethe, would you happen to be Lethe from vdex forums? Your name is so familiar - I'm thinking you were either a mod or I bought from your shop a lot.

I am also studying law. We have that in common. :ok: Practicing a foreign language is a good motivation for making fansites. The value of knowing multiple languages justifies any reasonable method used to learn it. :)

A Reira shrine sounds great! If you ever want someone to look over what you have, email me. I'm a NANA fan as well. :heart:
Dreams are meaningful when you work toward them in the real world.
If you merely live within the dreams of other people, it's no different from being dead.
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

Yes, I am, and I think we've exchanged PMs on one occasion. <3 If I recall correctly, I was commenting on your Sailor Neptune shrine. :) Allow me to tell you that I've also been in love with your Rinoa shrine for a long time... Especially because of the original sections such as job class discussion and fandom insight - I love Dead Fantasy! *O*

And thank you so much for that incredibly kind offer! <3 <3 <3 <(^___^<)
Ava

Post by Ava »

Wow, you have a great memory! It's coming back to me now. We definitely have the same taste in fansite content - those are some of my favorite sections at Wishing Star. Thanks for the kind words.
Dreams are meaningful when you work toward them in the real world.
If you merely live within the dreams of other people, it's no different from being dead.
Chibi

Post by Chibi »

Hello there, Lethe! :D Welcome to Amassment!

We really have a lot in common! I'm studying Law, too (I'm in my second year now) and one of the reasons I'm always trying my best to improve my English (it's not my first language either, as I'm Italian) is also to be able to write good content for my shrines. I love Greek mythology and Greek culture to pieces (I studied both the Greek language and Greek literature for years when I was in high school)! <3 I'm also interested in languages - I can speak Italian, English, German (though it might be a bit rusty as I haven't practiced in a while) and I studied both Greek & Latin while in school. Right now I'm trying to learn Japanese, little by little. It will take me a while to be able to speak it/write it, but I still hope I can be somewhat proficient in it someday. XD

I still don't have a 100% finished shrine on my domain either, I have one online with a few sections up and I have lots of projects up my sleeve... XD So hopefully we can both do our best and I hope the community encourages you to finish your future shrines! <3