Lurker in action

New, or have been away from the board for a while? Introduce or reintroduce yourself to us!
Forum rules
New and a bit lost? Check out the Getting Started topic and the Mentor Program!
Lethe

Re: Lurker in action

Post by Lethe »

Thank you!

Oooh that's many similarities indeed, yay! :D And our countries are even next to each other. o_o I'm about to enter my second year at university, too. :) I've had Latin at school for two years because it was mandatory, but unfortunately, I happened to be in my lazy teenage years, so I wasn't able to do as well as I did compared to French, English and Spanish later. It's a shame because Latin seems like a beautiful language and... I'm admittedly very fond of Latin shrine/fanlisting names haha. It's nice to run into so many Latin expressions again and being able to understand them when studying law though! :D

I'll have to look into your Kai shrine that's in progress sometime: While I don't actually remember anything much about Beyblade (this is what they get for airing anime while I was stuck at school), I know I pestered my contacts on MSN with Kai fangirling back then, and read a loooot of Shounen Ai fanfics with him, too. <_<" I'm not sure I could get into the Beyblade anime again if I tried though... If I recall correctly, last time I looked, the dubs sounded awful and there were no Japanese ones with subtitles available. >_<

Hope to talk with you some more during our stay here. :D
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
Masao
Host

Post by Masao »

Hi Lethe! I'm so glad you unlurked. Welcome to Amassment! :heart:
THE FATE OF DESTRUCTION IS ALSO THE JOY OF REBIRTH.
Chibi

Post by Chibi »

Lethe wrote:Thank you!

Oooh that's many similarities indeed, yay! :D And our countries are even next to each other. o_o I'm about to enter my second year at university, too. :) I've had Latin at school for two years because it was mandatory, but unfortunately, I happened to be in my lazy teenage years, so I wasn't able to do as well as I did compared to French, English and Spanish later. It's a shame because Latin seems like a beautiful language and... I'm admittedly very fond of Latin shrine/fanlisting names haha. It's nice to run into so many Latin expressions again and being able to understand them when studying law though! :D

I'll have to look into your Kai shrine that's in progress sometime: While I don't actually remember anything much about Beyblade (this is what they get for airing anime while I was stuck at school), I know I pestered my contacts on MSN with Kai fangirling back then, and read a loooot of Shounen Ai fanfics with him, too. <_<" I'm not sure I could get into the Beyblade anime again if I tried though... If I recall correctly, last time I looked, the dubs sounded awful and there were no Japanese ones with subtitles available. >_<

Hope to talk with you some more during our stay here. :D
Ah, Latin was mandatory for me in school, too... I didn't start studying it properly until I was in high school though (just like you, I've had my lazy teenage years! XD). It really is quite helpful when studying Law! Also, it kind of makes me feel good when there's a Latin word/sentence somewhere and some people don't know what it means, but I can guess its meaning... I suppose knowing both Latin and Italian can be helpful, too! XD

Ahh, it always makes me incredibly happy to hear that someone wants to check out my Kai shrine! ... and it also kind of embarrasses me, because it's still quite empty! XD; I really hope I can finish it in the near future, though. Kai had loooooots of fangirls back in the days when Beyblade was popular and my shrine seems to make fans melancholy when they look at it. XD I tried looking for Beyblade episodes a few months ago, I can't remember if I found the Japanese ones, but it's worth taking a look now, you never know. :) And yes, the English dub is kind of awful... Thank goodness I grew up with the Italian dub, which is pretty true to the Japanese one.

Hope to talk to you more, too! :D
Elysa

Post by Elysa »

/pops in

Aw, I used to like Kai too, back when I was still into Beyblade (many years ago...) but I think in the end, Rei was still my favorite x3

Also, I'd never have thought there were places where Latin would be a mandatory language to take, it's always been optional here. I do agree that Latin sounds really pretty, but it was a chore to translate, I always prefered translating ancient Greek haha |D;
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

I remember all the Kai/Rei fanfics... @_@

I'm not sure whether Latin is mandatory at all the schools of the same type as mine here, but it does help later on when you want to take certain courses at university - some of them list Latin as requirement, so people who haven't had it at school have to take an extra Latin course. @_@

<3
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.