Sup?

New, or have been away from the board for a while? Introduce or reintroduce yourself to us!
Forum rules
New and a bit lost? Check out the Getting Started topic and the Mentor Program!
Shiori

Re: Sup?

Post by Shiori »

Eden: Hi Eden! :heart: I'm familiar with your domains -- you do fantastic fanlisting work! You might not have a fansite/shrine at present, but I'm sure you still have lots to discuss and contribute to the community. I'm sure we'll get to chat together on here soon! (And thank you for joining the Red Garden fanlisting. :blush: It's great to meet another fan~)

Aku: Hi hi! Thank you! IKR? I WORK A COUPLE OF DOUBLE SHIFTS THEN BAM, I GO ONLINE AND EVERYONE HAS STARTED A NEW LIFE TOGETHER ON THE MESSAGE BOARDS. SUCH TRICKERY. :puff:

Aww you're too kind. :sob: I'm really not a confident designer and I'm afraid I don't have the time to learn many new techniques now that I'm committed to work/academic crap. I'd really like to get some revamps done in the future though so fingers crossed this swanky new forum helps me get into the site-making mood again.
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

Hi! I've known your domain for a long time, too, and have always thought of your approach to shrines as amazing. Your reviews over at arainymonday have left a deep impression on me as far as the subject of shrine-making is concerned, and they've introduced me to many great shrines over the years, for which I'm grateful.

The focus on a certain type of character (women scientists) is quite intriguing! :music:

(I totally don't sound like a creep. D:)
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
Todd

Post by Todd »

Hey Shiori! Yay, glad you came over!

You already know I love your sites. <3
Shiori

Post by Shiori »

Lethe: Oh thank you so much, Lethe. You're really too kind to me! I've been quite neglectful of arainymonday lately due to work commitments, but I'd definitely like to add more reviews soon (there are still so many awesome shrines out there).

I find the portrayal of women scientists in all forms of media fascinating. Without going off on a rambling tangent, I'm piecing together my research masters and I'm all about the idea of exploring how and why Western society portrays women scientists in certain ways. My dream is that eventually someone can use this sort of information to help change the fundamentals re: how women in science are marketed. And blah blah blah.

You don't sound like a creep at all and I hope we can talk more around the board. :blush:

Todd: Thank you! I'm sorry it took me so long, I was pulling double shifts all week! Everything is looking so great, you guys have done a fantastic job.

I think you already know how much I love your sites as well. :music:
Todd

Post by Todd »

Thank you! We have some more coming. Ava's got the new SOTM format looking very awesome. It'll be released soon. We also are really close to done with the domain. :)

Haha, aw, thanks.
Shiori

Post by Shiori »

Todd: Yay! I'm looking forward to seeing it all come together. Thanks for all your hard work. :3
Ava

Post by Ava »

Heeeeeeey, Shiori! Welcome to the forums.

You know how I feel about your sites: awesome and comforting. :star: In a sea of amazingly talented shrine makers with elaborate designs, it's nice having you as an amazingly talented shrine maker with simple and clean designs to be a role model for the other end of the spectrum.

I feel you, every time I take on extra hours at work, or have final examinations, or some kind of extremely pressing real life ordeal to handle, my immediate internet sphere decides to change. It's Murphy's law, or some other adage like that.
Dreams are meaningful when you work toward them in the real world.
If you merely live within the dreams of other people, it's no different from being dead.
Chibi

Post by Chibi »

Hello, Shiori! :D

I love your shrine to Salvia! <3 It actually made me want to check out the series and read/watch it!
Shiori

Post by Shiori »

Ava wrote:Heeeeeeey, Shiori! Welcome to the forums.

You know how I feel about your sites: awesome and comforting. :star: In a sea of amazingly talented shrine makers with elaborate designs, it's nice having you as an amazingly talented shrine maker with simple and clean designs to be a role model for the other end of the spectrum.

I feel you, every time I take on extra hours at work, or have final examinations, or some kind of extremely pressing real life ordeal to handle, my immediate internet sphere decides to change. It's Murphy's law, or some other adage like that.
Aww, thank you Ava. :heart: I hope you know that I love each and every one of your online creative endeavors (I was only just reading -and squeeing over- your Sheryl one pager earlier today). They're varied in content but they're consistent in quality and readability. :star:

I'll never be much of a designer so I tend to figure "make sure people can read stuff" and just build a basic structure around that idea. :swt2:

And omg yes, that happens to me every time my real life gets intense! Darn Internet!
Chibi wrote:Hello, Shiori! :D

I love your shrine to Salvia! <3 It actually made me want to check out the series and read/watch it!
Hi Chibi! Thanks so much, that's too kind of you. :blush: If you ever get the chance you should definitely check out Wedding Peach -- it's nothing but lighthearted magical girl fun times and is therefore awesome. One of these days I need to revamp that darn shrine... :bleh:
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Welcome Shiori! Glad you're here! ^o^