Sup?

New, or have been away from the board for a while? Introduce or reintroduce yourself to us!
Forum rules
New and a bit lost? Check out the Getting Started topic and the Mentor Program!
Shiori

Sup?

Post by Shiori »

Hi everyone, I'm Shiori and I totally didn't realise that the board had revived until this evening. DAHURRDURR. Most of you already know me because I'm old as balls, but I figured I'd do a brief intro anyway.

Um, I'm an Australian woman in my late twenties and I don't come from a graphic design background (lol no surprises there). Rather, my learnings relate to literature/media studies so analysing crap is more my thing. In real life I'm currently working to pay for my graduate studies, while online I devote most of my time to avoiding dreaded site revamps. My primary interest (academically and otherwise) is the representation of women scientists in popular culture.

I've been making fansites since 1997? 1998? Whatever the year it began, my fansite addiction has managed to eat up most of my youth and I've yet to toss it aside. I've never been one for popular series (I'm all about shitty titles no sane person would enjoy) so my site-making has always been about providing info, media, and snark for rarely explored subjects. I also like the social aspect of site-making, hence why I'm back to chill with all of you lovely Amassment people again. :heart:

And that's all I have to say for now because lol 2am.
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Re: Sup?

Post by dubiousdisc »

Hey Shiori. :>
Shiori

Post by Shiori »

dubiousdisc wrote:Hey Shiori. :>
Yo yo yo! :blush:
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Welcome Shiori! I'm glad you could join us here! :D
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Yamila

Post by Yamila »

Shioriiiiiiiiiii :heart: :!: i was wondering when you would join :star: so happy to see you here!!! welcome!!!! :blush:
· watch out, the night is breaking ·
stalking ur sites with Masao, Dragoneyes & Saya · [ directory team ]
Puppeteer

Post by Puppeteer »

As someone who's new around here, the intro was helpful indeed haha. xD

Welcome, Shiori! Hope to get to get better acquainted with ya soon~
[People have a weakness for forbidden things.]
Saya

Post by Saya »

YAY welcome to the boards Shiroi!!!
-* Nothing is true ... everything is permitted.
Shiori

Post by Shiori »

Crystal: Thanks for the welcome, I'm so happy to be here~ :music:

Yamila: I'm sorry, I took forever I know. *cling* Work has been kicking my ass lately. :sad: But I'm here now and that's totally the important thing!

Puppeteer: Thank you! It's great to see a new face here. I hope we can get to chat more now that I'm (finally) on the boards. :heart:

Saya: Thanks! I'm excited about catching up with everyone!
Eden

Post by Eden »

Hi Shiori! I've known about time-stranger for some time and I admire you from afar. You might not know me, but thanks for that introduction! I'm pretty new around here as well, and with no fan sites/shrines behind my belt, I feel like the odd one out. Hope we get to chat! I also like unexplored/underrated series as well as some popular ones. But I am all for trying new things. ^.^
Not just another romantic comedy. ~ Get Dropbox!
Aku

Post by Aku »

Hey Shiori! Glad you made it! THEY TRIED TO LOSE US BY SPRINGING THE FORUMS UPON US, I SWEAR...

Time Stranger is one of my favorite collectives! Even if you say you don't come from a design background, your designs are simplistic, clean and lovely and you clearly have an eye for it. <3