Star Trek

Any series that isn't anime as well as live action movies.
Destinie

Star Trek

Post by Destinie »

Giving Trekkies some love. ;)

Thoughts on the new movie?
Crystal

Re: Star Trek

Post by Crystal »

I haven't seen it yet but I'd really like to. I've already spoiled myself on a few things (the villain mostly) and I'm really curious to see how it all works out.
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
karenjeane

Post by karenjeane »

I enjoyed it but feel disappointed with the overall direction, in that that they're just retelling the same old stories... I'd love to see something new instead. Maybe next time? Hope so.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

@Karen Agreed. I want to have a "Khan-Con", though. It would be fun. We could all simultaneously yell "KHAAAAAAAAAAAN!"

Watched some TNG a couple nights ago. I grew up on that. I want to start watching it all over again. I love Worf and Data. XD; We wanted to watch the episode where Worf had to catsit. Hehe.
Loki

Post by Loki »

Hello, fellow Trek-lovers. Which series is your favorite? What character? Do you madly deeply love captain Kirk, like me? ;p
The Cold Never Bothered Me Anyway

Trickster of Ragnarok Network
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Grew up on Star Trek: TNG, but I also have a great appreciation for Star Trek: Voyager, too. I have seasons 1-4 on DVD and have watched through them all (more like marathoned, lol). Captain Janeway as the first female Captain + captaining a ship lost in the wilderness of space = very cool intriguing storylines.

I know that in later seasons people kinda got tired of Ms. Boobs on Legs--I mean Seven of Nine--kinda taking over the show, but I even appreciated her character, too, for how she grows over the course of her time on the ship. She, like Lt. Comm. Data on TNG, must find her humanity. :)

As for fav characters, my first love on TNG will always be Lt. Comm. Data. But Guinan and Deanna Troi are my homegirls, and I absolutely LOVE Sir Patrick Stewart's portrayal of Captain Picard. Win. On Voyager, I love the characters of the Doctor and Seven of Nine (as noted above), as well as Harry Kim and Janeway. :)
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Loki

Post by Loki »

I grew up on TOS and I adore Spock, McCoy and Kirk. I think I am in love in Kirk even if I see his flaws which should put me off of him but I still love him. I remember watching TOS while being a kid. These were memorable moments!

I also love Patrick Steward as Picard. And I love Commander Riker <3 He is so similiar to Kirk that I had to fell in love with him.

I adore all series of Star Trek, I think most influencial series of my life. I even like Enterprise series, despite the fact most people don't like it that much. I only wish I could remember Voyager better. It was aired only once in my life and I forgot many things about it. But lately I started to re-watching Deep Space Nine and I am glad that I bought DVDs.

Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Awesome! Yeah, I like all the different incarnations (even Enterprise)--I couldn't get into Deep Space Nine much when it first aired, but once I'm finished watching Voyager through, I'll start on that. But TNG is what I grew up on, and Voyager got me through some dark times in my life, so I have really good memories of both shows. :)

(BTW you can watch most if not all of Star Trek: Voyager here if you want to rewatch it :D)
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Loki

Post by Loki »

I've got into Deep Space Nine pretty fast, even if it was going on on station, not starship. But it was pretty epic! I love Kira and Bashir, I even own fanlisting for Bashir :)

Yay, free watching! I will see that link.

Saya

Post by Saya »

My favorite will always be TOS, I am ok with Next Generation, but that's just because I adore picard and Q :)

I must say I was surprised I liked Enterprise one, I loved the dynamics and stuff, but hell hated the ending.

Watched DSN, but, in the end is probably the one I liked less...

I even love the movies :) the old ones, and I simply adore the new ones :)
-* Nothing is true ... everything is permitted.