Favorite movies? :D

Any series that isn't anime as well as live action movies.
anon

Re: Favorite movies? :D

Post by anon »

Mikari wrote:I didn't like the 3rd Shrek but the first and second were funny, the 4th was okay. They could link the Puss timelines without Shrek since it could end before he meets Shrek. At some point Puss must have left his current gang I guess. Maybe a reunion in the "present" in another Puss focused movie.
I agree. I thought the second movie was the best, but the third one was at the point where the movie series was about to die and the fourth one kind of redeemed the third one (though the fourth one was more sad than it was funny).
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

The second really had me laughing... Since the first time I saw a commercial and a friend and I started making fun of Prince Toilet Paper (aka Charming).
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

I've never seen the 4th Shrek. I guess I should since 3 was so bad...
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I like to pretend that 3 doesn't exist. 4 is kind of like a collection of references and jokes related to the first one, but still amusing.
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

I liked Shrek the Third tbh. It wasn't my favorite in the series, but yeah.
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

At first I thought it would be a high school parody and it looked funny, but they left the school pretty quickly. :(
Eden

Post by Eden »

A movie that a lot of people will question my tastes with is Prince of Persia. I loved this as a movie. I haven't played the game and I know it didn't do very well as an adaptation, but I loved this movie for some reason. Also Jake. :heart:
Not just another romantic comedy. ~ Get Dropbox!
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I need to watch Prince of Persia. I played one of the game, an older one on the SNES when I was little, but I never got far. It had a time limit per stage and I got lost. I'm curious about the movie. I too will be watching it with basically no expectations as I didn't get far in the game.
Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

Destinie wrote:
Sarah wrote:@Destinie I'm afraid I haven't seen Super 8 yet, though I really want to. My sister has it, but it's on Blu-Ray (which I don't have), so I can't even borrow it from her. :sob: I'll have to check my library and see if they have a copy. Will definitely let you know my thoughts on it once I have seen it!
Please do! Even though he just produced it, it seemed like JJ wanted to make a more Spielburg-y film than Spielburg. :P
Heyyy Destinie! I finally saw Super 8. I really enjoyed it. :) I agree it had a Spielberg-y feel to it. (Funnily enough, E.T. was on the next night! I watched that too, I just adore that movie.) I liked everything about it, really. I thought the actors were great, and the story was quite interesting. (Similar to
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
District 9
.) And also, I've always loved group-of-kids-who-are-friends as a theme.
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Aw, that's awesome! I liked it more than I thought I would. Didn't it kind of remind you of the Goonies, a little bit? The whole kids on an adventure, run into trouble, save the town sort of thing.

I love ET, too! I watched it all the time as a kid and my mom would always play it around Halloween when she ran the daycare. I was so sad to see the DVD version of it replaced the puppet with a CGI version. :C It really took away a lot of the charm of him for me.