Favorite movies? :D

Any series that isn't anime as well as live action movies.
Destinie

Re: Favorite movies? :D

Post by Destinie »

Dragonheart is my favorite movie of ALL TIME.

My other favs: Back to the Future, Jurassic Park, Speed Racer, Galaxy Quest, Alien, many many more.

I also love Godzilla movies. I recently just acquired a nice box set. And then Patrick bought a Godzilla vs Destoryah and Godzilla vs SpaceGodzilla double feature...so we have a nice collection! ^_~
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I confess I haven't seen a Godzilla movie, I know I must! I just don't know where to start.
Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

Back to the Future (the series) is, without a doubt, my favorite movie ever. And always will be.

My favorites after that are Elf, Star Wars (original trilogy only, thanks), Indiana Jones, and too many Disney and Pixar films to name. I still feel like I'm missing some, though. :/
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I like the original Indiana Jones trilogy too.
Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

@Mikari: Yay for more Indy fans! :) I have the trilogy on DVD and love marathoning it every now and then.

Oh Destinie, I missed your post before and when I saw it just now - I realized I forgot Jurassic Park as one of my favorites, too. :ack2: Well, I knew I was forgetting at least one!
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Sarah wrote:@Mikari: Yay for more Indy fans! :) I have the trilogy on DVD and love marathoning it every now and then.

Oh Destinie, I missed your post before and when I saw it just now - I realized I forgot Jurassic Park as one of my favorites, too. :ack2: Well, I knew I was forgetting at least one!
Spielburg, FTW!! :D Jurassic park, so scientifically inaccurate, but so good! I know we've had the conversation about how awesome Sam Neil is!

Also, did you see Super 8? I just saw it recently. I wanted to know what your thoughts on it were!
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Mikari wrote:I confess I haven't seen a Godzilla movie, I know I must! I just don't know where to start.
Oh! Well, you could start with the Original 1950's film. But, there are two versions of it. There's the original Japanese film and the Highly edited and pretty comical American dub. It chops out the Japanese scenes and inserts an American actor named "Steve Martin". The cuts are so obvious, it's hilarious.

There are also multiple storylines for Godzilla because over the years he dies and is reborn several times. But each movie pretty much stands on its own and you can watch them in whatever order you want. I like to watch the ones with my favorite monsters. King Ghidora is a cool monster but is usually Godzilla's arch nemesis. Some other Godzilla movies that are good: Godzilla vs Mothra and Godzilla's Revenge (or All Out Monsters Attack) is probably the best Godzilla film in my opinion. It crosses fantasy and reality and you actually care for the human characters in the film. It follows a young boy who is having problems with a bully so he dreams about going to Monster Island and watches Godzilla show his son how to fight.

You can watch them on hulu.com or crackle.com! So if you're ever looking for something to do when you're bored, lol!
Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

@Destinie I'm afraid I haven't seen Super 8 yet, though I really want to. My sister has it, but it's on Blu-Ray (which I don't have), so I can't even borrow it from her. :sob: I'll have to check my library and see if they have a copy. Will definitely let you know my thoughts on it once I have seen it!
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Right now for me it's Puss in Boots. I can't get enough of that movie. xD
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Eden

Post by Eden »

Titanic, The Notebook, Memoirs of a Geisha, Battle Royale, Prince of Persia, The Ledge, Paranormal Activity series, American Psycho, 300, Harry Potter series, Red Riding Hood, Iron Man, Batman Begins/The Dark Knight, the list goes on and on and on..... orz I'll have to take out my collection of movies and list them all.
Not just another romantic comedy. ~ Get Dropbox!