Animated Series

Any series that isn't anime as well as live action movies.
Destinie

Re: Animated Series

Post by Destinie »

Chowder is so cute! It's a much more recent cartoon circa late 2007. Wikipedia article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chowder_%28TV_series%29

Fun fact: The voice actor who did Mung graduated from the same University I went to. :D
Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

Chowder was pretty cool. I always thought Shnitzel was funny. xD
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

I love Shnitzel!! >_<
Juhi

Post by Juhi »

Man, I loved watching cartoons as a kid! Some shows I liked include Captain Planet (GOOO PLANETTT!), Rugrats, Scooby Doo, The Little Mermaid Animated Series, Doug, Thundercats, and Inspector Gadget. I could name so many more, but that'd make me look like a TV Junkie, ahaha. :)

I still like watching animated series, though most of them lack the charm of older shows. Foster's Home and Flapjack were pretty cute. My Little Pony is okay, if not a tad overrated (ugh, bronies). The new Thundercats show is decent too - I'm hoping for another season to air.
Last edited by Juhi on Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anon

Post by anon »

Screw grammar and italicizing titles in my post because I'mma freaking gush here. Right frigging now.

Oh, man, animated shows!! I get misty-eyed remembering my first exposure to Cartoon Network. I watched hella Hanna-Barbera cartoons. I remember thoroughly enjoying Jabberjaw (even though it was basically an underwater copy of Scooby-Doo) The Jetsons and my favorite Scooby-Doo spin-off was the 13 monsters one (because of the monsters doing the Thriller to a funky 80s jam) and A Pup Named Scooby-Doo. Powerpuff Girls was also amazing hrnnnnnghhh I loved the shorts and I was really happy it became a full series!! I also loved The Animaniacs and Freakazoid because they were hilarious. :D And who didn't love Captain Planet, you can't go wrong with a muscular blue man wearing a go-go dancer costume telling people to EFFING. RECYCLE.

In my late elementary years I started watching Nickelodeon and SpongeBob was my favorite show. My 5th grade teacher loved that show so I began watching that show too and that was basically my life the next couple of years. Sad to say I've only watched up to almost the end of season 3 but my friends tell me I'm not missing anything because ~apparently~ most of the fans say that after Stephen Hillenburg left the show it officially started sucking donkey balls. I also watched Fairly Oddparents (and I'm probably the only person who actually thought Timmy x Trixie was cute) but I got sick of the innuendos thrown in the more I watched the show (growing up does that to you) and I hated how much Cosmo was the butt monkey of the entire series.

My current favorite animated show would be Adventure Time but I'd have to watch episodes online because I don't have Cartoon Network and these days I don't have enough patience to actually sit down to watch a show.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I meant the the old ponies. I find the new ones to be super cute, way cuter though I got bored after a few minutes and have never finished an episode. I'm curious about the fighting fan game.

I watched a lot of fairly oddparents but stopped before puff. I loved 90s nickelodeon and cartoon network.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

I love cartoons. ;-;

Oh MAN! I remember watching all the Hanna-Barbara stuff on Cartoon Network when it first started and now they moved all the stuff to Boomberang even OLD POKEMON EPISODES. (Except I don't have cable so I watch all the Pokemon episodes and movies online, score!)

Space Ghost Coast to Coast? Yes plz.

I am probably the only one here who had to religiously watch the Hanna-Barbara Godzilla cartoon, which is now available on Hulu. It makes me laugh. XD
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

Hanna Barbara had a lot of cartoons. I watched a bunch of them too, but I'm never too sure about what was Hanna Barbara and what was Cartoon Cartoon. XD Details... It's all fun and that's all I needed to know.
anon

Post by anon »

Destinie wrote:I love cartoons. ;-;

Oh MAN! I remember watching all the Hanna-Barbara stuff on Cartoon Network when it first started and now they moved all the stuff to Boomberang even OLD POKEMON EPISODES. (Except I don't have cable so I watch all the Pokemon episodes and movies online, score!)

Space Ghost Coast to Coast? Yes plz.

I am probably the only one here who had to religiously watch the Hanna-Barbara Godzilla cartoon, which is now available on Hulu. It makes me laugh. XD
I know, some of the Hanna-Barbera stuff I grew up with is now completely removed from CN. I guess they had too much shows to keep on their block that Boomerang became its own channel. Never will forget all their kidified stuff. Remember Justice Friends and how campy their superhero franchising was? Hard to believe that when they sold the DC Comics franchise to Warner Brothers there's a stark contrast between the 90s Batman series and, um... "MEANWHILE IN THE HALL OF JUSTICE!"

I remember the Hanna-Barbera Godzilla cartoon! Well, actually, I remember it because it came on right before a show I liked and I was like HRNNNGH HURRY UP.
Eden

Post by Eden »

I was into Rugrats, Doug, Ahhh! Real Monsters, Rocko's Modern Life, and a bunch of other shows... Powerpuff Girls, 2 Stupid Dogs, Johnny Bravo, all those other things on cartoon network... the only things I didn't like were Ren&Stimpy and Ed, Edd and Eddie.

I used to watch MLP but the fandom absolutely killed it for me. Like they ruined it beyond repair. I can't unsee what I've seen... T_T
Not just another romantic comedy. ~ Get Dropbox!