Animated Series

Any series that isn't anime as well as live action movies.
Mikari

Re: Animated Series

Post by Mikari »

I never got into the comic super hero shows. I like the new live action movies, but the only super hero cartoon I liked was Teen Titans. ^^;;
anon

Post by anon »

BTW SWAT KATS WAS SO BADASS. Hard to believe that show was pulled from CN when I entered 3rd grade. I mean a bunch of furries flying airplanes and blowing up crap, what is not to love
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

Yes I love the Swat Kats! I got up at 6am during summer vacation one summer just to watch it! :o No show can make me get up early now, but then, I have you tube so I don't have to. XD
Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

I'm enjoying the How to Train Your Dragon animated series. It's great that they got some of the original voice cast for it. And it's been fun so far.
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

How to Train Your Dragon... wasn't that a movie too? I think I've heard the name before.
Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

Yes, it is a movie. (And an excellent one at that.) I'd definitely recommend it. :)
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

okay! I need to add that to my ever growing list! :D

on the subject of animated series. Do you guys like drawn, CG or depends?

I like the new digital cell shaded anime-ish style. It looks like it was drawn, but the lines are so clear and pretty. Though I do like CG-CG too but that highly depends on the style. I liked Reboot. Flash is also super cute. I generally like the "clean" artwork with the well defined non-sketchy colors and overall brightness of it.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Oh man! I need to try the HTTYD series! The animation usually gets cheaper looking when they make it for TV (IE: Kung Fu Panda) but I'd like to give it a shot. I also need to see that movie again. I really liked it, though I wish Toothless talked like he did in the books. (Which I still need to read lol. I just like talking dragons!)

@Mikari I do like hand-drawn animation. I have a lot of respect for it considering I dabbled in both CG and traditional animation in college. My sister also graduated with her animation degree YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT HER WORK! and she and I both have long conversations about how we like traditional so much better. My thoughts are that traditional is much less stylistically limited. When you do CG, it has to look a certain way or it just comes off weird or creepy. But 2D you can get as weird as you want. For example, think about how something like Ren and Stimpy or some animes would look in 3D. Anime proportions are so grotesque that it often would translate horribly into a 3dimensional form.
Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

I don't think I knew HTTYD was based on a book series! (I may have heard at one time, but forgot.) I want to check those out now.

Destinie, your sister is so talented! I watched all three videos and was just amazed. And I started laughing when I heard Buddy talking for the lip-sync exercise. XD Her website itself is cute, too! I just love red pandas, they are another animal I would like to make a site about. :heh:

But to get back on topic, I also prefer traditional animation for animated series. I know I mentioned it in the animated movies thread. I just prefer the look and feel of traditional. (Though I don't hate CG.) Another factor may be because I grew up watching traditionally animated cartoons. And CG just seems to be so overdone these days. Ah well. That's what DVDs of your childhood cartoons are for, right? :D
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

I'll let her know you think so. ;)

Hehe that's why I have DVDs of my fav cartoons!