Star Wars

Any series that isn't anime as well as live action movies.
Destinie

Star Wars

Post by Destinie »

A thread for Star Wars. :D/

I'm a fan of the original three films.
Sarah
Time Traveler

Re: Star Wars

Post by Sarah »

Yay!!

I love the original trilogy, too. :) Admittedly I did get excited when the prequels came out, but now, I really don't care for them.

Han is my favorite, but I also love Boba Fett. They both have the badass factor. And I like Darth Vader, too. Normally I can't stand villains, but we are talking about Darth Vader after all. C'mon.
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

I like all of them. Prefer the original films, but I do have a soft spot for the Phantom Menace. I think I saw it six times in the cinema? Myself and a friend got really obsessed with it (we were around 14 years old) and there was a cinema that we used to sneak into. She had a massive thing for Liam Neeson in that movie. I actually haven't watched the Phantom Menace since then because I'm afraid I'll hate it now and that will ruin my glorious childhood memories.

And Han. <3 <3 <3

OH and not the movies, but Knights of the Old Republic is SUCH A GOOD GAME.
a spoony bard
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I like Han too :D I like all the movies though 4 and 5 are my top favorites.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

I saw Episode 1 in the theater twice. xD The first time was legit and the second time we snuck in after seeing Tarzan. Lol!

Boba Fett is my fav but he was much cooler to me when I was younger. I used to think he was a Cyborg so I was kind of disappointed when I just found out he was just a regular Joe. :C He's still cool, though.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I can't take Boba seriously. ^^;; Not because of the character, he's cool, but the name. I just can't help it but to think of the translation. "boba" in Spanish is a "dumb female" (bobo is a dumb male). Not a name that fits a cool bounty hunter at all!

I didn't notice him much in the beginning so cyborg theories didn't arise, but I did like the action scenes fighting "that bounty hunter in the armor" as I knew him then.
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

I'm not a fan of Star Wars but that doesn't mean I haven't seen the movies. My Dad loves Star Wars so he made me watch the first three and then when the other three came out in theaters both of us went to see them. xD
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

The first time I watched Star Wars I was really little. My dad had some old VHS tapes back then and I was apparently a big fan of Leia. XD
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

SO I know it's old news now that Disney bought Star Wars and they are planning an episode 7. Thoughts??

Patrick and I were discussing a while ago and wondering how they're going to do it if the actors are much older now. We were discussing about how in Tron: Legacy they CG'd a younger Jeff Bridges. That worked well enough but it's difficult to get past the fact that the character looks stiff in comparison to the real actors on the screen.

Do you think they'll be doing spin-offs that don't include the older characters like Anakin/Darth Vader, Luke, Han, Leia, etc? Maybe make up brand new characters in new settings? Stories that aren't based off of the novels?
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

Most people I know have been raging about this, so I've been keeping quiet about the fact that i'm actually tentatively excited. Let's not forget that Disney bought Marvel and that's been okay. The Star Wars universe is MASSIVE and there are a lot of stories they could do. I did read somewhere that they're considering bringing back Vader, which is probably the only thing I DON'T want. I think Vader is too iconic and should just be left alone now.

(and lbr, they can't be any worse than Episodes 1 -3 and could potentially have better dialogue.)
a spoony bard