Star Wars

Any series that isn't anime as well as live action movies.
Destinie

Re: Star Wars

Post by Destinie »

Emma, this exactly. :D We were discussing it and Disney owns most of the entertainment WORLD. They own Muppets and their Muppet movies I've always enjoyed. And also, like you mentioned, Marvel. I believe they also bought out Miramax at one point... Anyway! I agree with you and think they'll do well and the movies will definitely be better than 1-3. (Granted, I liked episode 1 for what it was but I seemed to have wiped 2 and 3 completely from my memory.)
anon

Post by anon »

HEY GUESS WHAT GEORGE LUCAS HAS SIGNED ON TO DO ANOTHER TRILOGY TO STAR WARS

Guess he didn't learn his lesson when the prequel trilogy came out!
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

Joe wrote:HEY GUESS WHAT GEORGE LUCAS HAS SIGNED ON TO DO ANOTHER TRILOGY TO STAR WARS

Is this a joke? As in not Disney but George himself? Or both? Or... or... you are joking, right?

You know what I want to see? A Han Solo centric trilogy. (Preferably one that is original rather than being Indiana Jones in space.)
anon

Post by anon »

Mikari wrote:
Joe wrote:HEY GUESS WHAT GEORGE LUCAS HAS SIGNED ON TO DO ANOTHER TRILOGY TO STAR WARS

Is this a joke? As in not Disney but George himself? Or both? Or... or... you are joking, right?

You know what I want to see? A Han Solo centric trilogy. (Preferably one that is original rather than being Indiana Jones in space.)
Actually I got that wrong haha. Lucas gave Disney the Star Wars franchise and they're making a new movie.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

oh... well that's too bad that George won't be participating. I actually liked Episode II... okay a lot of it was fangirling Hayden, but I still enjoyed it.
Eden

Post by Eden »

I'm a minority with the majority of people I know in that I'm not a fan of the series of films and never got into it at all (I found it quite boring tbh). ):
Not just another romantic comedy. ~ Get Dropbox!
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

It's not for everyone. I know a lot of people who like Firefly and I'm having a really tough time getting into the series myself. It's just different things for different people.

OT: We keep popping into the Disney store when we walk by looking to see if there is Star Wars merch. Though, I keep telling my fiance, it's available in almost EVERY OTHER STORE you go to. Haha! [s]I'm kind of sad that Disney store doesn't carry merchandise for classic or new Tron. *sob*[/s] The merchandise is pretty insane! I heard a story about Harrison Ford and how he will (or used to) just walk into a store and take the Han Solo figures. His reasoning was that he worked for it or something. xD Pretty crazy. I love that guy ahaha.
Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

I love Star Wars. :) I remember when the original trilogy was re-released to theaters. That is actually the first time I saw it. But I fell in love with it instantly, and have been a fan since. Han is definitely my favorite character, followed by Boba Fett and Darth Vader. It says a lot about a series when I love the villains from it, because I don't usually like bad guys. Although, really, I love most of the characters. For a long time, my favorite of the three movies was Jedi, though now I'm more inclined to Empire.

I don't really like the prequels. They didn't have the magic or charm of the original trilogy, at least not to me. And the acting was kind of.. ehh.

Not sure yet what to think of Disney buying the rights. I just hope they will do it justice. :)

@Destinie lol I love Harrison Ford.
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Breaking news (just kidding)!

JJ Abrams to Direct Episode VII: The Search for More Money

What do you guys think about that? (and IDK what happens in episode VII??)
Mayumi

Post by Mayumi »

@Destinie: Are you sure that's the full title? XD