Recently watched movies

Any series that isn't anime as well as live action movies.
Masao
Host

Re: Recently watched movies

Post by Masao »

JCurtis wrote:Please tell me someone else watched the finale of Westworld? My gosh!
hi, I moved this from Currently watching....? under the Anime and Manga sub-forums since it belongs here instead.
THE FATE OF DESTRUCTION IS ALSO THE JOY OF REBIRTH.
Laura

Post by Laura »

I watched Dr Strange a bit after it came out. :D It was freaking AMAZING. Honestly, it was one of the best comic book adaptations ever released; everything in it, including how the movie is resolved at the end (no spoilers, don't worry), is as close to how it would be resolved in the comic books as possible.

There were changes of course... mostly in casting for the characters (the Ancient One in the comics is an old Tibetan man, Mordo is roma, etc). But the way the characters handle the situations presented to them, that's the most in line with how they would handle them in the comics, which makes the movie so awesome. Plus, it's great to see an origin story with no other MCU characters in it. Not that I don't love the other MCU characters but we haven't seen one since Iron Man in 2008 (Thor had Hawkeye in it, Ant-Man had Sam Wilson). :0

Anyway, enough fangirling from me, please go see Doctor Strange if you're a fan of MCU... go see it even if you're not! And see it in 3D! That movie was MADE for it (literally)! Plus, Benedict's acting is absolutely incredible (goes without saying, natch). <3
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Laura wrote:I watched Dr Strange a bit after it came out. :D It was freaking AMAZING. Honestly, it was one of the best comic book adaptations ever released; everything in it, including how the movie is resolved at the end (no spoilers, don't worry), is as close to how it would be resolved in the comic books as possible.

There were changes of course... mostly in casting for the characters (the Ancient One in the comics is an old Tibetan man, Mordo is roma, etc). But the way the characters handle the situations presented to them, that's the most in line with how they would handle them in the comics, which makes the movie so awesome. Plus, it's great to see an origin story with no other MCU characters in it. Not that I don't love the other MCU characters but we haven't seen one since Iron Man in 2008 (Thor had Hawkeye in it, Ant-Man had Sam Wilson). :0

Anyway, enough fangirling from me, please go see Doctor Strange if you're a fan of MCU... go see it even if you're not! And see it in 3D! That movie was MADE for it (literally)! Plus, Benedict's acting is absolutely incredible (goes without saying, natch). <3
YAS ALL OF THIS. Also I am pretty much 100% going to make a "cloak of levitation" item fansite because it is too adorable and badass not to do so. <3
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Saya

Post by Saya »

I just came home from watching assassins creed the movie *^* - definatly adding section to my shrine
-* Nothing is true ... everything is permitted.
Masao
Host

Post by Masao »

The last 3 movies I watched were:

Arrival
Rogue One
Assassin's Creed

and I liked them all a lot, especially Rogue One.
THE FATE OF DESTRUCTION IS ALSO THE JOY OF REBIRTH.