Recently watched movies

Any series that isn't anime as well as live action movies.
Mikari

Re: Recently watched movies

Post by Mikari »

That bad? I thought they might fix it a bit though I don't expect it to be like 1. I guess I shouldn't have such expectations...
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

I do want to see MIB3, when I can get it for free from the library or a rental box. It didn't look like it would be worth more than 1 USD to watch.

This morning I saw Rio. It was cute.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

A library offering free movies that are not super ancient or documentaries? I wish such a thing existed near me.
Shiori

Post by Shiori »

Yeah, it was a pretty weak movie and I wouldn't recommend it unless you're a huuuuge fan of the franchise. I get movies ultra cheap from work, but still, I don't like spending cash on stuff that sucks lol.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Yeah, I live in Howard County Maryland. It's pretty pricey to live here but we get lots of perks. IE: Nice Libraries and other public facilities. Of course, there's so many people so you can't get the new releases until months in, lol! But it's nice that we have that option. The library by my house is so awesome, they have so much stuff.

@Shiori Yeah I love the original so I am kind of worried about this one. I especially didn't like what they did in the sequel. I thought it was so sweet at the end of the first one when K got to return to his sweetheart. And then in 2 he divorced and was working at the post office? Wut?! Kind of upsetting. :\
Shiori

Post by Shiori »

Destinie wrote:Yeah I love the original so I am kind of worried about this one. I especially didn't like what they did in the sequel. I thought it was so sweet at the end of the first one when K got to return to his sweetheart. And then in 2 he divorced and was working at the post office? Wut?! Kind of upsetting. :\
3 I guess didn't have the same disappointment factor as 2, since y'know, the first one was still fresh in everyone's minds. It was still, however, pretty damn crap. In the third one the throw in some random thread about how K used to be into O (who replaces Z, I assume because of the whole "Rip Torn went batshit crazy"-thing). Never mind that O is played by Emma Thompson who would have been TEN at the time of the past events in MIB3, but hey once a woman is over forty she's basically seventy, amirite?

Anyway there was a nice moment of understanding between K and J at the end, but it is also implied that K has been not only keeping a massive secret from J during their entire fourteen year partnership, but during almost the entirety of J's life. BUT THAT'S OK SOMEHOW? I wanted to punch through a wall by the time that godawful Pitbull song started barfing all over the credits. Just... ugh. It wasn't worth the decade wait. At all. The things that made the first one good are dead and buried by three, I'm sorry to say. :ack2:
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I also didn't like that in 2 L "disappeared" it was all due to the actors and what not and their excuse was cheap. I liked how J and L worked together in the series.
Shiori

Post by Shiori »

Mikari wrote:I also didn't like that in 2 L "disappeared" it was all due to the actors and what not and their excuse was cheap. I liked how J and L worked together in the series.
It's difficult when there are problems with actors, it doesn't really matter how you write the character out as while all juicy stuff will undoubtedly take place off screen, people are still going to notice the character is absent and react accordingly.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

It's not the best solution, (as there is no real solution to those situations) but sometimes I prefer having a different actor than the character simply disappearing. I understand that a look-alike wouldn't have the same commercial impact, but at least the plot could continue on without having to get rid of a character, more so in ways that seem OOC. I couldn't really picture J wanting to send his partners away or L wanting to leave. K retiring I understood, he had his reasons and it made sense that he would want to rest and try to catch up with the life he missed while protecting the planet, but for the others, it doesn't seem likely. I would have really liked cameos by K in a sequel and even a return, though I don't think he had to leave his wife to make a cameo. They could have J with L as the new main team. I don't know, I guess they tried so hard to make it funny they went over the top and it came out odd. I liked how the first one was funny without trying too hard. It had that "serious bsns" thing that made the silly moments much more amusing.
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

I liked the first one the best too. I haven't seen the third on yet. Last movie I saw was "The Hunger Games". We have a movie night (every Saturday). This week is "Avengers", I FINALLY get to see it. So excited. Then after that is "Wrath of the Titans".
;o; *** pew! pew!