Favorite Pixar Films?

Any series that isn't anime as well as live action movies.
Megan A

Favorite Pixar Films?

Post by Megan A »

I've been thinking about Pixar movies a lot lately. They're some of my favorite animated movies (though my most favorite is a Dreamworks movie!) so I wanted to ask you guys which ones you like!

I was wondering what your favorite Pixar movies are. What projects are you most excited for?

My absolute *favorite* Pixar film is Up. There's ZERO competition. The whole movie is amazing, and it is just such an emotional rollercoaster, but it's done well. I could rant for paragraphs about how much I love this movie!

Following that, I adore Brave. It wasn't what I expected when I saw it, but I still loved it. Then Monsters Inc./Monsters University. I love the whole monsters series. Toy Story deserves a mention as well because all three are amazing.

As for what I'm excited for: The Good Dinosaur and the Incredibles 2.
Mikari

Re: Favorite Pixar Films?

Post by Mikari »

Wreck it Ralph is my fav Disney film and my fav non-Japanese animated film. I love the concept, the characters, the animation, everything. This was a movie that came when my expectations for Disney were pretty much dead and I was surprised they could make something so good. I love this movie to pieces and Vanellope is my absolute favorite Disney princess (videogame candy princess!) even if she's not an "official" Disney princess.

Another Disney movie that I like is Frozen. It was the animation, especially Elsa's ice castle, and the music, "Let it go... let it go!" that won me over, plus the fact that it makes fun of itself. The only detail I didn't like was the snowman, not fond of him at all though I wouldn't say I "hate" him, I just don't like him. Wreck it Ralph gets no complaints from me, I love every bit of it.

From the older movies, though none stand close to Wreck it Ralph for me (nostalgia can only go so far) I'll have to go with Lion King, my childhood favorite. There are other movies that I "like" though not necessarily "love" and Wreck it Ralph's number one spot has a very big advantage over any other Disney movie, even the second place I gave to Frozen, so I expect it to be super hard to take out of that #1 spot.

I'll inevitably be super picky about the sequel (if it eventually gets made). I also really like how Wreck it Ralph was developed, I saw the animatics for some earlier concepts and I don't think I would love it half as much if they hadn't polished it and changed the characters to the version they eventually went with. Calhoun and Felix are my Disney OTP. Ralph is loveable too.

Edit: Wait, are these even Pixar? I just thought Disney CG and associated that with Pixar, but they're not on the list (or did I just miss them?)
Camy
Administrator

Post by Camy »

If the movie credits Pixar Animations along with Disney, then it's with Pixar. I know that Brave is with Pixar though.

My all time favorite is the Toy Story series hands down. I grew up with it and I recently did a marathon of it last week of all three movies. We've moved so much when I was little so I related to Andy about losing some toys as well as giving some away. They all hit home and I always cry.
I accept your challenge, "high prince", but I am no general.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Inside Out is an instant favorite for me. Holy CRAP I have never laughed, cried, and FELT so much at a movie.

(Frickin' Bingbong tho. O I was slain. ;_;)
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Megan A

Post by Megan A »

Edit: Wait, are these even Pixar? I just thought Disney CG and associated that with Pixar, but they're not on the list (or did I just miss them?)
No, those aren't Pixar films! Pixar is a subsidiary of Disney, but Disney makes their own CG animated movies too that are unrelated to Pixar.
CuriousLittleBird wrote:Inside Out is an instant favorite for me. Holy CRAP I have never laughed, cried, and FELT so much at a movie.

(Frickin' Bingbong tho. O I was slain. ;_;)
I haven't seen Inside Out yet! I really *really* want to though! Especially after your comment!
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

Aw I can't find any that I really love from the list. I guess I'll go with Incredibles as the one I like best from the list.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

I love classic Pixar stuff the best. Anything Post-Cars I'm not a huge fan of (sorry).

My favorites are A Bug's Life, Toy Story, and Monster's Inc. Monster's Inc probably being my #1 on this list.