Went to see Inside Out today and.......

Any series that isn't anime as well as live action movies.
Robin
Events Staffer

Went to see Inside Out today and.......

Post by Robin »

...I definitely cried like a baby at least twice. If you haven't seen it, it's well worth a watch--it's a great story that actually mostly takes place inside the main character's brain, with 5 different emotions embodied and kindasorta working together. But for GOD'S SAKE BUY A BOX OF KLEENEX AND SMUGGLE IT INTO THE THEATER SOMEHOW ;o;

Anybody else seen it? What did you think?
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
I'm actually heavily considering shrining one of the minor characters from the movie...Bingbong, Riley's imaginary friend, who sacrifices himself so that Joy can escape the Memory Dump. OH GOD when Joy finally gets out, can't find Bingbong, and then looks over the edge of the Memory Dump chasm to see Bingbong still stuck there...and Bingbong just waves, smiles bravely, and says, "Take [Riley] to the moon for me," before dissolving into forgotten mist. SO MUCH UGLY SOBBING.
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Camy
Administrator

Re: Went to see Inside Out today and.......

Post by Camy »

OMG I CRIED TOO it's so simple yet wonderful since it shows that you can't be happy all the time, and even with you're sad, angry, disgusted, afraid, etc., you're still you.

DO MAKE THAT SHRINE DO IT.
I accept your challenge, "high prince", but I am no general.
Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

Oh yeah, I cried. Especially when
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Bing Bong sacrificed himself so Joy could make it to the top. :(
Overall I love this movie, it's funny and sweet and just so well done. Pixar never fails to amaze! (With the exception of Cars 2. *cough*) One of my favorite things was how they portrayed dreams, with the little memory-workers acting out the dreams themsevles. XD That was quite funny. And I love how they show
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
the importance of Sadness, because really, it's healthy to express even negative emotions.
(Not sure if that should be spoilered but better safe than sorry.)

(Oh and Robin I'll move this to Movies & TV Shows, I think it would fit well there. :))
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

No problem! :D :D
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Chibi

Post by Chibi »

I went to see this for my birthday! I really, really liked it! :D I liked it so much that I might consider shrining a character or two from it... but yes, Robin, definitely make your shrine!