Favorite animated movies

Any series that isn't anime as well as live action movies.
Loki

Favorite animated movies

Post by Loki »

What are your favorite animated movies? Do you like classical animation or do you prefer computer one, like Shrek?
The Cold Never Bothered Me Anyway

Trickster of Ragnarok Network
Robin
Events Staffer

Re: Favorite animated movies

Post by Robin »

Love animated movies. My "classic animation" absolute favorites are Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, and The Sword in the Stone. (I'm not sure if the Little Mermaid falls into "classical animation" but I also love that one too xD)

In terms of CGI animation, I appreciate it (especially when the storytelling matches the brilliance of the animation). But I don't currently have any big favorites among CGI films (probably because I don't go to see as many these days). I liked Wreck It Ralph and the first Shrek...and that's really all I can think of off the top of my head, LOL!
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Saya

Post by Saya »

I'm going for classics and I have to say that Mulan is probably my favorite, and following up are Beauty and The Beast, 101 Dalmatians, Aristocats and Frozen, but I actually love all of the Disney Classics. But then I have a soft spot with Dreamworks and their Rise of the Guardians and How to train your dragon are along on the first place with Mulan.

I have a thing for Ghibli and Spirited Away along with Princess Mononoke are my favorites. When it comes to CGI, then Meet The Robinsons and Finding Nemo :)
-* Nothing is true ... everything is permitted.
Loki

Post by Loki »

My favorite "classic" is Hercules (mostly because of Hades ;p). I like The Lion King as well, Fox and the Hound too. From newer I like Frozen very much :heart:
I am huge fan of Shrek, I could watch it daily (I think I will see Shrek today, it was a month since I watched it last time). I love Ice Age and Kung Fu Panda too. Spririted Away and Howl's Moving Castle are my huuuge love.

I am animation freak ;p

Mikari

Post by Mikari »

CG for American, cell for Japanese. I love the art style of classic anime, the awesome hair, the big eyes... Those things are not so common in American animation, but the "shiny" CG really makes it come alive. When it comes to Japanese though, I still prefer the classic cells. The style is already expressive and pretty enough as it is, so it might be a bit overloaded in CG.

I like Wreck it Ralph, Frozen, Shrek, Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle and a lot of anime though I can mostly think of series right now and the topic is movies... I also like Aladdin and Little Mermaid, but I think I would like them even more if I saw them in CG or anime style, I still love them nontheless.

As for a specific scene in terms of visuals, the prettiest thing I've seen in animation is Elsa's ice castle, especially when she's wearing the blue dress and goes to the balcony as the sun rises. The castle is so shiny and beautiful.
Loki

Post by Loki »

Mikari wrote:the prettiest thing I've seen in animation is Elsa's ice castle, especially when she's wearing the blue dress and goes to the balcony as the sun rises. The castle is so shiny and beautiful.
I agree! I love that scene and the castle is so beautiful, as well Elsa.

Destinie

Post by Destinie »

I love so many animated movies that it is really difficult to pick one. I love a lot of Ghibli films but Kiki's Delivery Service is definitely my favorite. Other anime movies I really like...Pokemon the First movie. xDDD

Dreamworks films are usually hit or miss for me but I really like the Madagascar series along with How to Train Your Dragon and Rise of the Guardians.

Ice Age is one I really love! Why so many sequels, tho??

Anyone remember Don Bluth films??? The Land Before Time was my favorite. Pulls at the heartstrings ;__;

And my favorite Walt Disney Animated movie is Bambi. xD

I love animated stuff hahah. My little sister is an animator so we talk about animated movies we like a lot.