Important '90s Cable TV Shows for Kids?

Any series that isn't anime as well as live action movies.
Robin
Events Staffer

Re: Important '90s Cable TV Shows for Kids?

Post by Robin »

This post: Such childhood. Many feels. Wow. xD

I watched X-Men Evolution, too--I just remembered! (Though my boyfriend has the original X-Men and childhood feels about it, he agrees that the show has not aged well AT ALL)

I also religiously watched Rescue Rangers and TaleSpin (the spinoff show, I think?). Not to mention PBSKids shows like Arthur, Ghostwriter, and Where In The World Is Carmen Sandiego? (with that KICK BUTT theme song!!!).
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I think there's some episodes of Ginger on You Tube. I thought the ending was cliffhangerish. We see the future, but it's nothing like the last present day episode so it's like what, how? And so much changed during that last season, I would have loved to see how the show went from that point on.

I never got into Arthur and Carmen, don't know Ghost writer. I also didn't really like Captain Planet. XD Tiny Toons was cute. I watched Atomic Betty but that was later. I liked how chibi and scifi it was with it's adorable characters and Star Wars references.
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

OH MY GOD TINY TOONS. I loved Tiny Toons! I used to rent the Tiny Toons film out all the time. My parents should probably just have bought it for me. I also used to go around singing this and this all the time.

Animaniacs was great too. And still holds up well - it a really very clever show!

Gah, Captain Planet. I used to watch it when it was on, usually because I'd be waiting for something else to come on? I just liked singing the song, but it's not a good show. Also, even as I child I knew that Northern Ireland episode was awful haha.
a spoony bard
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Carmen Sandiego Theme Song by Rockapella (since I blipped and forgot to put the link in my last post, LOLOLOL

ISTANBUL NOT CONSTANTINOPLE!!! Tiny Toons = best. Also "ducky go down the hoooole." I'm really surprised I didn't start flushing all kinds of random shit (pun not intended) down the toilet after that episode. xD

Speaking of Animaniacs, anyone ever see the history-focused Animaniacs spinoff show called Histeria? GREAT little 90s show there, too :D
withinmyworld.org
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

@Emma: I remember those! <3 I loved the summer vacation movie ^_^

I loved the Rita episodes and Pinky & the Brain :D

I never really watched Histeria, I never gave it a chance because it was history based and I didn't have the best impression on those. Probably would have given it a chance if they just called it an Animaniacs spin off, since I really liked Animaniacs.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Yeah, Histeria! was done in the same style as Animaniacs (rapid-fire wit and lots of under-the-radar jokes in an animated comedy)--here's one of the awesome musical skits they did, about Taft: Theme from "Taft" (referencing Shaft...WIN xD)

Pinky and the Brain...so much LOL. "What are we gonna do tonight, Brain?" "The same thing we do every night, Pinky--try to take over THE WORLD!!!"
withinmyworld.org
Todd

Post by Todd »

Seconding the 1992 X-Men cartoon! I love it. I may rewatch it.

Also Gargoyles, Inspector Gadget, (showing my age here...) Wonder Dog, and Captain Planet. I actually liked Captain Planet, lol...

I also watched the Disney cartoons: Aladdin and The Little Mermaid.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Yup, I saw those Disney cartoons--just years after everyone else did, I think (had to wait for them to be syndicated to show on network TV, if I remember rightly?)

Gargoyles! Memories! LOL! Captain Planet was already in reruns by the time I was cognizant of it...and let's see, I never saw Wonder Dog and didn't see much of Inspector Gadget. (I know IG was on at butt o' clock in the morning where I live, so that's probably why LOL)
withinmyworld.org
Camy
Administrator

Post by Camy »

Darkwing Duck, Tail Spin, Chip n' Dale, DUCK TALES (woo oooo~), oh man the list goes on I can't remember all but of course the Disney Channel I watched like crazy. Agh I need like an overview of shows that were airing since there were so maannnny.
I accept your challenge, "high prince", but I am no general.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

DUCK TALES A WOO OO

(My boyfriend recently got a bunch of Duck Tales on DVD because he was a fan of the show back in the day...not like he doesn't own most 80s TV series on DVD anyway, LOL)

There are some shows I watched but have no clue what they were called. There was one that was basically a Power Rangers knockoff--I wanna say it was called "VR Rangers" or something like that? I actually preferred it to Power Rangers... xD
withinmyworld.org